Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw a matinee earlier. First things first, fukk whosever idea it was to literally wait until niccas was coming in to clean popcorn off the floors to show the end credit scene smh.

Secondly, the first one is still my favorite and the below (review) is why.

I don't agree with everything in this post from reddit but it gets some of the direction I was leaning in while walking out. Need to watch the movie again though or at least sit with it some more but yeah....some of the fight scenes were like yeaaaa, ok. Especially the nun chuck scene. That shyt was embarrassing lol.

For the scope that they went for though, cinematography wise amongst other things, they knocked it outta the park.

I kinda agree with this. Still a dope movie but the action scenes dragged a little longer. The nunchuk scene was struggle to me. They shouldve sped it up or just chosen another weapon for him
To use but the rest were dope. Wick felt weighed down in this one but i took that as showing the wear and tear of this battle on him. I wish they expanded more on the other characters like the bowery king’s network and how he moved around,operated etc.

i wanted to see more of them planning on taking down the high table not rehashing him getting his freedom when he achieved that in part 3 but then said fukk that when he decided not to kill winston.
Before the pandemic they were shooting 4 and 5 back to back but covid slowed down the production but if its back on i hope john really helps lead other assassins in battling the high table like common, halle, and donnie because his old a$$ cant do it alone

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I kinda agree with this. Still a dope movie but the action scenes dragged a little longer. The nunchuk scene was struggle to me. They shouldve sped it up or just chosen another weapon for him
To use but the rest were dope. Wick felt weighed down in this one but i took that as showing the wear and tear of this battle on him. I wish they expanded more on the other characters like the bowery king’s network and how he moved around,operated etc.

i wanted to see more of them planning on taking down the high table not rehashing him getting his freedom when he achieved that in part 3 but then said fukk that when he decided not to kill winston.
Before the pandemic they were shooting 4 and 5 back to back but covid slowed down the production but if its back on i hope john really helps lead other assassins in battling the high table like common, halle, and donnie because his old a$$ cant do it alone
John wasn't going to be free if he killed Winston. He would have been in the position that Donnie Yen was in. He would have been forced to serve the High Table for the rest of his life.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

From what I gather the high table is the system itself. Killing any individual doesn’t matter, they would just be replaced. Like killing the president doesn’t overthrow the entire US government.

The action in this was wild, especially the explosive shotgun scene. I definitely liked this much more than 3.

Am I the only one who kept thinking “damn this dude is like a gangster James Harden”. :heh:

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I gather the high table is the system itself. Killing any individuals doesn’t matter, they would just be replaced. Like killing the president doesn’t overthrow the entire US government.

The action in this was wild, especially the explosive shotgun scene. I definitely liked this much more than 3.

Am I the only one who kept thinking “damn this dude is like a gangster James Harden”. :heh:

I agree it is a system and figured the ending of 3 meant they wanted to tear it all down not for john to be free again. But too many people benefit from that system to really take it down i guess. Maybe john got to become the king of the table