The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
He's low key been holding the pod down since the Spotify deal fell through while everyone else (except for parks, who actually isn't there to give his input but felt like it was needed at the time.) seemed uninterested in putting in real effort.

The problem is that rory isn't interesting enough to be the face of the podcast but I don't think that should be a reason to hate dude.

None of these guys are interesting enough to be the ‘face’ of a podcast.

And Joe doing this on his own or with strangers wouldn’t work, because usually your friends can take your bullshyt and also call you on your bullshyt better than other people. I still remember how sick Nadeska was of his ass :mjlol: So Joe doing this w/ 2-3 of his friends is the formula imo

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Out side of like two cuts how was it a bad boy album?
Literally the entire album follows the Bad Boy/Biggie blueprint. From the style of production to the formatting of songs, if I didn't know anything about Jay-Z at the time, I would've assumed he was signed to Bad Boy listening to that project.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Literally the entire album follows the Bad Boy/Biggie blueprint. From the style of production to the formatting of songs, if I didn't know anything about Jay-Z at the time, I would've assumed he was signed to Bad Boy listening to that project.
A million
Lucky me
Imaginary
Where I’m from
You must
Friend or foe
Streets is watching
real n
Etc...

like seriously how does any of that sound like bad boy

I’ll give u the singles but even then Jay was doing records like Aint No on his debut

I don’t see it

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A million
Lucky me
Imaginary
Where I’m from
You must
Friend or foe
Streets is watching
real n
Etc...

like seriously how does any of that sound like bad boy

I’ll give u the singles but even then Jay was doing records like Aint No on his debut

I don’t see it
Literally all those you listed sound like Bad Boy records. I think y’all confuse “Bad Boy” with simply just poppy sounding records. Go listen to Life After Death and tell me Volume 1 doesn’t follow that exact blueprint. To me, it’s extremely obvious.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Literally all those you listed sound like Bad Boy records. I think y’all confuse “Bad Boy” with simply just poppy sounding records. Go listen to Life After Death and tell me Volume 1 doesn’t follow that exact blueprint. To me, it’s extremely obvious.
U must got a different LAD than me because I never heard Biggie make records like those.

I know u probably won’t. But I would love a few comps of records that sound similar to u

please I need to hear which LAD=Where I’m From

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Out side of like two cuts how was it a bad boy album?
I was thinking the same. I thought the album got unfairly painted as trying to bite the Bad Boy formula due to Sunshine and I Know What Girls Like mainly. I think Volume 1 Jay definitely tried to broaden his sound and soften it up some to expand his audience. IMO Volume 2 was more biting of the Bad Boy formula by having tracks that appealed to all areas of the country. He had the down south with "Money Ain't A Thing", clubs with "Can I Get A", west coast with Short "A Week Ago", simplistic mainstream with "Hard Knock Life", streets with "Money, Cash, Hoes" "Reservior Dogs", fast rapping with Jigga What. That to me was more copying the Bad Boy formula of hitting every market with something.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
U must got a different LAD than me because I never heard Biggie make records like those.

I know u probably won’t. But I would love a few comps of records that sound similar to u

please I need to hear which LAD=Where I’m From

I could definitely give you comps, sound wise. That's easy.

A Million and 1 Questions = 10 Crack Commandments
Lucky Me = Stevie J produced this, this is literally a Bad Boy record
Who You With II = Player Hater/Another
Where I'm From = Last Days
You Must Love Me = My Downfall