The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Joe is absolutely here to be liked.

Royce bringing up teaching the future is such a tired angle
I agree with the message but it's absolutely coming from the wrong person. Royce has been involved in too much fukkery and made way to many social media threats to try and play that peaceful card now.

Joe badly wants to be a beloved celebrity, that's easy to see in how he moves. For the longest he was an industry outcast but the pod brought him back with a positive rebrand now he doesn't want to do anything to fukk that up hence the podcast becoming so neutered.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I missed a good chunk of the last 30 minutes, they're all still on

J Prince Jr spoke and said he's not taking away from Joe's contributions, he just doesn't like the tone Joe uses

Joe said he's still not sure what Prince was referring to the other day, and Prince said they can talk about it in private. Everyone said that should've happened before he disrespected Joe publicly.

Joe said he doesn't understand why rappers feel like they get to dictate how media talks about them, but media doesn't get to dictate how rappers talk about media. He also said he's not here to be liked, and he's open to have a conversation with anyone if it furthers the culture. He said he would die for Hip Hop if it puts the culture in a better space.

People also brought up the fact that the term "disrespectful" is used as a scapegoat, no matter the tone, if the person doesn't like what's being said. People basically said the "tone" is used as an excuse whenever people don't like what's being said about them. Royce also brought up the point that what are we teaching the future generation? That if someone is critical we can just use muscle/force to make you like it?

Punch (TDE), Bun B, Mysonne, Van Lathan all joined the room.

I'm glad Joe brought this point up, especially with ol buddy in the room.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Rory listing like 20 r&b albums as his top 5 r&b album of the year :mjlol:

And then saying “we also gotta give love to Bryson tiller..that was a great album..not 1 skip” ..

nikka thinks every r&b album is classic :dead:

he also listed his top 5 rap albums..and later threw in a comment about how pray for Paris is a PERFECT album ...which wasn’t even listed in his top 5 rap albums of the year

he’s such a fake music head that just wants to be friends with artists :russ:

Last edited:

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
They’ll randomly pick soft targets like Ty Dolla sign just to make it look like they don’t dikkride everybody. Oh im so disappointed in this ty $ EP that nobody heard but hes still a legend and friend of the show
:mjgrin:

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
Joes Top music disappointment of 2020 being Ro James as his “industry hot take” was crazy

who the fukk is Ro James :mjlol:

and then Rory following up with “I’m gonna snitch ..THEYs album was all old songs”

The way they talk about these off brand c-list r&b nikkas like they are The Weeknd :dead:

Last edited:

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
I agree with the message but it's absolutely coming from the wrong person. Royce has been involved in too much fukkery and made way to many social media threats to try and play that peaceful card now.

Joe badly wants to be a beloved celebrity, that's easy to see in how he moves. For the longest he was an industry outcast but the pod brought him back with a positive rebrand now he doesn't want to do anything to fukk that up hence the podcast becoming so neutered.

Didn't Royce pull out a bazooka missile launcher in a video clip during his D-12 beefing days :lolbron:

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Rory listing like 20 r&b albums as his top 5 r&b album of the year :mjlol:

And then saying “we also gotta give love to Bryson tiller..that was a great album..not 1 skip” ..

nikka thinks every r&b album is classic :dead:

he also listed his top 5 rap albums..and later threw in a comment about how pray for Paris is a PERFECT album ...which wasn’t even listed in his top 5 rap albums of the year

he’s such a fake music head that just wants to be friends with artists :russ:

I swear Rory fukks with everyone. He dont got 1 bad thing to say about any rapper or r&b cat. I dont think hes ever called an artist wack. Nikka so industry:russ::russ:

Mal and Joe kinda like that but not anywhere to Rory degree. Joe pick on easier targets tho. Mal keep it a bit more real. Parks easy the most objective he'll say if he thinks an artist aint doin it or they good

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Also, i only listened on Spotify...never watched the Youtube videos. The shyt @BigPumpKiller was spitting is on point, Parks definitely looks like a smelly crack fiend right now :picard:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
It makes me laugh that Rory has done nothing notable and has access to all these ppl who had to do shyt to get on

He aint even really media