The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Nikkas like this be the worst

How hard is it to go "I was wrong:manny:"?
hes a Lebron hater/Kobe & MJ dikk rider

they never admit when they're wrong and will slight Lebron every chance they get

its alot of Laker fans out here just like Mal that really aint happy about the championship

they hate Lebron more than they love their team

Mal hasnt said anything nice about the Lakers since Lebron joined

nikka said they would win 35 games this year :mjlol:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
according to a dude i speak to, who's been on joe's side this entire time, he was talking about how they are now going to get paid for time spent because they are completely independent?

is that how paying for a stream actually works? do podcasts actually make money from streaming platforms just based on the performance and amount of time a user listens to their content? and if so, what is the rate?

i’m honestly asking because I was under the impression that a podcast pays the streaming provider for hosting their content, and the primary ways to get paid are through individual ad revenue and any sort of sponsorships (“presenting” or otherwise).
I think the latter part of your post is correct. Platforms can pay for exclusivity (a la Spotify) but I don’t think podcasts are paid per stream like songs. At least not yet. Streams are just used for leverage for ads and sponsors.

Whatever the case, I really don’t see how turning down guaranteed dollars plus the opportunity to receive a cut of ad dollars just to put the podcast on SoundCloud for free makes any sense. It’s the definition of hustling backwards. Especially after bragging about how many calls about deals were coming in.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
hes a Lebron hater/Kobe & MJ dikk rider

they never admit when they're wrong and will slight Lebron every chance they get

its alot of Laker fans out here just like Mal that really aint happy about the championship

they hate Lebron more than they love their team

Mal hasnt said anything nice about the Lakers since Lebron joined

nikka said they would win 35 games this year :mjlol:
Dude is a miserable hater
Pro trump supporter
Vegan but fat asf

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I think the latter part of your post is correct. Platforms can pay for exclusivity (a la Spotify) but I don’t think podcasts are paid per stream like songs. At least not yet. Streams are just used for leverage for ads and sponsors.

Whatever the case, I really don’t see how turning down guaranteed dollars plus the opportunity to receive a cut of ad dollars just to put the podcast on SoundCloud for free makes any sense. It’s the definition of hustling backwards. Especially after bragging about how many calls about deals were coming in.
That’s what I’m saying. You can put your podcast on every available digital audio service, but to my knowledge, none of them are paying YOU just because you have a good amount of listeners on their service. They are just listing it like every other podcast in the world that pays the provider the fee to host it.

You either generate income via ad revenue (live reads or digitally inserted), a donation/subscription model like Patreon or are paid to house your shyt exclusively on a service in the podcast space...again, to my knowledge and through my research.

But if the JBP is telling me that they are NOW going to begin building the process of proving their true worth by gathering the time spent user data across all podcast providers - after 5 years of the podcast being out with the last 2 being exclusively on Spotify - in effort to secure some major deal down the road...then wow, I’m lost.
:hubie:

Last edited:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Maaaan this nikka Joe got some explaining to do. I didn't say a word during his Spotify rants but if this dude really tossed away the bag for no good reason I don't ever want to hear business talk from him again :francis: