The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Yes and no. A

That's kinda true, but there's alot of differences.

Joe would be a guinea pig, but he'd be one of many guinea pigs Amazon is putting out there. DJ Khaled, Will and Jada, and Dan Patrick are all doing shows with Amazon, and they have exclusive deals with alot of other pods.

Also, Joe almost certainly will get a deal closer to what he's looking for with Amazon because they have so much cash on hand. Spotify relies on their streaming content and investors to bring in money, while Amazon has revenue flying in from damn near everywhere. Amazon doesn't give a fukk about having ownership of a rap podcast, whereas Spotify has to be more careful with it's money.
The only downside I'd see is the potential loss of audience unless they release it free elsewhere after a certain amount of days. A lot of people already owned spotify and use it for music plus they had the free version to listen to. Will the Amazon music have that?

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
The only downside I'd see is the potential loss of audience unless they release it free elsewhere after a certain amount of days. A lot of people already owned spotify and use it for music plus they had the free version to listen to. Will the Amazon music have that?

Yeah. Do they have a free app/interface for podcasts? I have a Prime membership, so I would be able to listen, but what about everyone else? I don't have a Spotify account, but the app is free for podcasts.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
shyts comedy when I read in here with people talking about this podcast like they're signing record deals.

they don't need anybody at this point..they're big enough they can go without anybody interfering in their podcast.
just say you want the money, reward based stuff bonuses and to do as little work as possible. nobody going to blame you for it.

edit- I haven't listened yet, but wait, thats them just using Raya ? I assumed they'd already be on there.
shyt been around for a good 4 years at the point. basically a dating app for verified people. or unless you've got the plug to get you on there.

Mal's Raya tales could be funny if he was to actually talk about them.

Daps
Yeah. Do they have a free app/interface for podcasts? I have a Prime membership, so I would be able to listen, but what about everyone else? I don't have a Spotify account, but the app is free for podcasts.

It's going off their Amazon Music streaming service. If you have a Prime membership then the podcasts are free. The full unlimited service is $7.99 for Prime members, $9.99 for non members.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
:gucci: Gotta be something else....no way they would go behind a paywall like that.

shyt, they have two different tiers of prime music even for prime members so its not surprising.

As long as it's on the tier for everybody with prime, they should be Gucci.

I still see them going to apple before anyone else if they're going for a service that only has paid subs.