The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
He did? What he say, I missed it
He said something along the lines that the internet has more or less influence on rappers and humans in general depending on the person and that we shouldn't dismiss their impact on rappers and how they move. He mentioned boxden, SOHH and something else

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I like Ish because he stand on his square. Ain't no amount of group consensus or peer pressure gone change his opinion.

The rest of the pod really ends up parroting Joe way too often. Mel and Flip have absolutely NO opinion of their own. Parks and Ice can keep it solid for a minute, but then fold if Joe yell enough.

I been said it the last couple of days, "Family Matters" is the best song to come out of this whole thing and the best rapping from either party came from that song. The shock value of saying it is what most people get caught up on, but I ain't mad at anybody who says, Drake out rapped Kendrick.

Last edited:

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
All OVO stans regurgitate the exact same talking points to a tee it's actually amazing.

The amount of them that are now saying Drake was never going to win and he was in a lose lose after he got that ass beat is astounding.
Not a single one of them said that when Push Ups and Taylor Made were the only pieces on the board. NOT ONE.

Giddy as fukk saying Kendrick threw rocks and hid his hand.
Only half way through and of course Ish on that bullshyt

They would never allow that defense if the roles were reversed.
Tired of that premade excuse bullshyt.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I like Ish because he stand on his square. Ain't no amount of group consensus or peer pressure gone change his opinion.

The rest of the pod really ends up parroting Joe way too often. Mel and Flip have absolutely NO opinion of their own. Parks and Ice can keep it solid for a minute, but then fold if Joe yell enough.

I been said it the last couple of days, "Family Matters" is the best song to come out of this whole thing and the best rapping from either party came from that song. The shock value of saying it is what most people get caught up on, but I ain't mad at anybody who says, Drake out rapped Kendrick.
Euphoria had the best rapping lyrically to me. Bars, entendres, quotables, the whole mile.

Family matters is a great song, but nothing on it is nearly as memorable, recitable or jaw dropping as euphoria to me. And plus it loses points to me because it copied euphoria's composition, 3 beat switches

We'll agree to disagree but I'm not sure how family matters is consistently getting the nod over euphoria

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Salute to Ish.

I actually think Ish was amazing today. His opinion and view of the battle from a casual listener's perspective was a great counter to what would have been an echo chamber episode.
It made for good dialogue, energy and moments.

He wrong as fukk but I gotta give respect where it's due.
:russ:
Exactly!

Ish such a fukking loser man. Doesn't even like the BEAT. Pure hater shyt. Pretending he's not following the crowd. nikka you live in New York and are a Cowboys fan, fukkouttahere.
Ain't he a Sixers/Lakers fan too :scusthov:

This episode is gold :pachaha:

I respect Ish for at least being a dissenting voice but they stepping all over him :mjlol:
Lmao they weren't havin his crotchety ass today

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Euphoria had the best rapping lyrically to me. Bars, entendres, quotables, the whole mile.

Family matters is a great song, but nothing on it is nearly as memorable, recitable or jaw dropping as euphoria to me. And plus it loses points to me because it copied euphoria's composition, 3 beat switches

We'll agree to disagree but I'm not sure how family matters is consistently getting the nod over euphoria

Family Matter loses points to me cause the toughest part of the song the 2nd beat where he catches the most bodies, he barely addresses Kendrick and the 1 of 2 lines he did he capping about Keem writing for him when it's known Dot writes for Keem.

I know he dedicates the last part to Kendrick, and he did his thing but a bit too rap-singing for a battle to me.

Tbh I think this was Drake's downfall all through the battle and it was ego driven.
He wanted to go at so many people at once just so he could say he took on several nikkas and won.

Almost like he was overcompensating for the Pusha loss.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
joe brought up how hard tory was backing drake when he spoke w/ him. another universe w/ cole and a free tory as allies in this wouldve made things very interesting.
Yeah tory would have definitely stepped his way into this and he's a killer in his own right

This shyt wouldve been avengers civil war for real

I think we would've gotten the same result but it would have been a lot messier because there would be a million concurrent side battles going on all at the same time

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
Joe partying...since he dont have to pretend to like Drake anymore :mjlol:

kinblood-joebudden.gif

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'm glad Joe spoke on that shyt about Drake targeting nikkas girls and claims that everyone was just jealous of him.

In real life nobody would want someone like Drake around them, he's the literal definition of a fukk nikka. It makes sense that his peers don't trust him.