The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
B sharp is real note though so what’s Emanny’s and Joe’s issue?
B sharp is like a note in theory but not in practice

It's like saying -0

0 is not positive or negative, -0 isn't technically not a number but anyone who knows math is going to tell you that -0 is wrong

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
Today's Pod was a Masterclass in podding. Rory and Mal lawst....:sas1:
Even though Mal going nuts was the most entertaining part of that pod I thought their analysis was much better than I expected it to be

It’s different with Joe though…he actually played the sport so he has a unique and valuable perspective to offer

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
B sharp is like a note in theory but not in practice

It's like saying -0

0 is not positive or negative, -0 isn't technically not a number but anyone who knows math is going to tell you that -0 is wrong

I learned this when I was 9 playing the clarinet. It's basic music theory. Nobody really calls it B Sharp because it's C.

B sharp = C
C flat = B

They argued B sharp like he pulled that out of his ass and made it up. It’s taught, exists in theory and was just a play on words.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
They argued B sharp like he pulled that out of his ass and made it up. It’s taught, exists in theory and was just a play on words.
Right, but music teachers and snobs wouldn't tell you to call it B sharp

Which is why I used the -0 example, it's not technically not a number but there's no reason to use it. But for the purpose of rap I do think drake used it acceptably, but to the credit of joe I don't think that HE knew any of this. It comes off as uneducated, rushed and unprepared, which is the overall point they were making.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
Even though Mal going nuts was the most entertaining part of that pod I thought their analysis was much better than I expected it to be
All OVO Mal did in their analysis was scream that Drake won and how he couldn't believe that he was the only one who felt that way. That shyt was unlistenable..:heh:

Last edited:

JealousOnesEn_V

HTX Certified
Daps
Right, but music teachers and snobs wouldn't tell you to call it B sharp

Which is why I used the -0 example, it's not technically not a number but there's no reason to use it. But for the purpose of rap I do think drake used it acceptably, but to the credit of joe I don't think that HE knew any of this. It comes off as uneducated, rushed and unprepared, which is the overall point they were making.

Bro they said it’s embarrassing and that he didn’t do the science. If you want to talk about the “science” it exists in theory and is taught in Music school. He’s educated enough to know it exists in theory and used it as a play on words.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Salute to Ish.

I actually think Ish was amazing today. His opinion and view of the battle from a casual listener's perspective was a great counter to what would have been an echo chamber episode.
It made for good dialogue, energy and moments.

He wrong as fukk but I gotta give respect where it's due.
:russ:

He communicated his viewpoint much better than Mal. Lol he got upset at times but he wasn't screaming and irrational

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
He communicated his viewpoint much better than Mal. Lol he got upset at times but he wasn't screaming and irrational
He also was restrained a lot today. He usually screams louder to get his point across but on the other hand he was defeated because he knew his boy lost.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
He did? What he say, I missed it
He was saying how when he was hanging with Drake and someone they bleeped out, Drake was telling him that he didn't go online to read about himself because it was too negative.

Then Joe mentioned how he stayed on allhiphop, SOHH and other message boards. But Stack Bundles had to stay away from em because he'd get too pissed off and want to grab his gun reading people talking shyt about him.