The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like shyttin on Joe too but the him not bein able to get musicians to open up is just not true. That PullUp with Big Sean he was talkin bout depression, suicidal thoughts, deep family problems, death etc. Sean hadn't done an interview in a long time at that point IIRC . Russ interview he went deep into his bag too and even called Joe the Jalen Rose of rap media as in a nikka who been in the league and can relate to other rappers and its somethin they appreciate.

ehhhhhhhhhhhh.... i feel like joe as an interviewer is the same as everything else with joe. if there's something there that he's personally invested in, he'll get good content out of it. if not, he goes through the motions or shifts the convo to what interests him at best. he can be outright dismissive at worst.

an interviewer's job is to uncover the interesting threads, and you can't do that if you don't always care enough to uncover them.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the dead end for current event podcasts and why they will have no real value in the long term. People get enough exposure, discussion, jokes, and commentary on pop culture events that eventually/inevitably they tune out voices that discuss that shyt exclusively. How long can you listen to a 40+ year old man discuss internet shyt 3-4 days after it happened. Even worse when you can guess what will be said, or more importantly...guess what WON'T be said because you know Joe is biased/scared/overthinking/stupid/Patreon/etc. People will listen to old episodes of interview or genre pods but I'll never believe normal people listen to old current event pods. Sure I can see someone going back to peep the Pusha T/Drake episode, or a contentious album review episode but overall? A year from now nobody cares what Joe thought about random "did you see that one thing on twitter" events.

There's a reason that the longest running podcasts are either (even if only tangentially so) about a specific subject, interview style podcasts, or podcasts revolving around special guests just coming on and talking about random shyt with the regular cast. For the latter two, there's always a new element brought by the interview subject or guest, even if it's someone that makes multiple appearances. For the first type, those even tend to keep things fresh by covering a subject or industry with something going on more often than not.

And even then, those podcasts tend to try to space their content out. The only podcasts that I've ever seen truly be able to support and justify multiple episodes per week are typically sports podcasts, as those tend to follow a cycle of discussing recent games, discussing events, discussing upcoming games and events, and then looping back to talking about those same things once they happened.

That said, all podcasts plateau. At some point, your audience is your audience, and you're essentially just playing the hits for them, with the occasional spike episode when something special happens. Trying to get a podcast out with a group just talking about random current shyt with little to no production or prep work twice a week, PLUS at least one Patreon episode per week gets you to that point sooner than later. At this point, a lot of the draw of the show for people is seeing which two members of the cast are going to grind the show to a halt by yelling at each other over equally misinformed opinions. At this point, they need a producer to actually produce the show for real, and restructure the show a bit.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

telegram is dope but there's another website I had heard about for a while but never signed up for because im lazy lol. Finally did last week and them MFs have EVERYTHING on there. shyt is like a super reddit.

SimpCity :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

They got a trans section with 90k posts :scust:

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Yeahhhhh you gotta imagine Mel is getting something insane. Cause honestly she could be slinging box to six figures at like 5k minimum. I think Cherokee said that shaq offered her 20k once so you know M4 could be out here getting it crazy :bryan:

They had a part of this latest one about if selling p*ssy makes you toxic. Mel was on hush mode that whole segment :lolbron:
Can I get a link of Cherokee discussing p*ssy prices?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Aye what episode was it on 4/20(?) Where ish or ice was blowing ants off the mic.

Found it, only on SoundCloud. Forgot there was a period where shyt wasn't on Spotify

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
I like shyttin on Joe too but the him not bein able to get musicians to open up is just not true. That PullUp with Big Sean he was talkin bout depression, suicidal thoughts, deep family problems, death etc. Sean hadn't done an interview in a long time at that point IIRC . Russ interview he went deep into his bag too and even called Joe the Jalen Rose of rap media as in a nikka who been in the league and can relate to other rappers and its somethin they appreciate.

I disagree. Watching Joe interview someone is like watching paint dry. These same ppl can have engaging elsewhere but not with him.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I went from skipping through an episode. To not even checking for the pod. I see a topic being discussed in the culture and I know exactly how the pod convo is going to go

no one is surprised Joe took that Angle on the guy in the courtroom

The people on this pod arent interesting enough to put out as much content as they do.

Ice, Flip, and Mel have no business behind a mic. Ish is only good for banter with Joe.

Joe is the only one that’s interesting but he’s trying to COE this pod to reach another level and everything sounds so forced

Joe has enough audience so he can buy ugly clothes, tip and the strip club and trick on his thot.

Women will never check for this pod, young people will Never check for this pod, it’s plateaued and no interview or controversy is going to make this pod reach a new audience
Yeah man. I stopped listening when Rory and mal left but I check out the YouTube clips.

I like when they discuss the actual music. That’s it.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
lol

This has been Big Sean’s image since like 2016 😂😂😂