The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I haven't listened to a whole episode in a long long time

I skipped around the Benny episode

Podcast is washed
I went from skipping through an episode. To not even checking for the pod. I see a topic being discussed in the culture and I know exactly how the pod convo is going to go

no one is surprised Joe took that Angle on the guy in the courtroom
Joe tryna produce in real time so certain convos dont flow well. while they’re probably tired/irritated by the time they finish podding for the day so the energy and the vibe will be off. On top of uninteresting topics or the topic could be interesting but the takes are bad
The people on this pod arent interesting enough to put out as much content as they do.

Ice, Flip, and Mel have no business behind a mic. Ish is only good for banter with Joe.

Joe is the only one that’s interesting but he’s trying to COE this pod to reach another level and everything sounds so forced

Joe has enough audience so he can buy ugly clothes, tip and the strip club and trick on his thot.

Women will never check for this pod, young people will Never check for this pod, it’s plateaued and no interview or controversy is going to make this pod reach a new audience

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I went from skipping through an episode. To not even checking for the pod. I see a topic being discussed in the culture and I know exactly how the pod convo is going to go

The people on this pod arent interesting enough to put out as much content as they do.

Ice, Flip, and Mel have no business behind a mic. Ish is only good for banter with Joe.

Joe is the only one that’s interesting but he’s trying to COE this pod to reach another level and everything sounds so forced

Women will never check for this pod, young people will Never check for this pod, it’s plateaued and no interview or controversy is going to make this pod reach a new audience

I see you in here after every pod though? :dahell:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
2022-01-22-20-24-06.jpg

2022-03-15-20-48-25.jpg

2022-09-03-22-56-41.jpg
2022-09-03-22-57-09.jpg

lq3u8vc0emq71-2833466.jpg

photo-2022-07-28-17-07-13.jpg
photo-2022-10-27-17-40-49.jpg

:wow:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Joe fell for the fool’s gold that comes with listening to Reddit and the idiot bloggers like Danny from The Stop and Homeroom University. He stopped trying to appeal to loyal listeners and instead went to pushing narratives for views.

The only real narratives during the Rory and Mal era was the beef with Charlamagne/The Breakfast Club, Rory/Dussepalooza crew, beef with Rosenberg, Hovengers, Joe being a Puffy groupie and maybe a few others. They were all organic.

These psychoanalysis YT channels about podcast hosts were not a real thing until the end of the Rory and Mal era, which again was an actual beef/situation.

Now there are dozens of channels looking to give their personal insight about why Queenzflip was on his phone for 23 minutes during episode 683. Joe leans into it because he wants that Akademiks/viral train wreck attention anyway he can get it.

Before then it was channels dedicated to compilations about jokes, arguments, etc. There was plenty of replay value (and still is). The personal stories, etc made for the classic moments.

The only thing that will save this podcast is bringing Rory and Mal back (never going to happen) or scaling back the current cast to find a good dynamic (not likely).

Daps
They're going through a spell of nothing to talk about. They need some hip hop fukkery to get into. The Puff thing was something but they handled that by not getting to much into it. I mean Joe came in with a quiz last episode to bulk up the content.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

no one is surprised Joe took that Angle on the guy in the courtroom

Joe has enough audience so he can buy ugly clothes, tip and the strip club and trick on his thot.

Dudes don’t even mention Parks
Rankings in order on how valuable to the on-air discussions:
Joe
Ish
Mel
Emanny
Ice
Flip
Parks

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

This is the dead end for current event podcasts and why they will have no real value in the long term. People get enough exposure, discussion, jokes, and commentary on pop culture events that eventually/inevitably they tune out voices that discuss that shyt exclusively. How long can you listen to a 40+ year old man discuss internet shyt 3-4 days after it happened. Even worse when you can guess what will be said, or more importantly...guess what WON'T be said because you know Joe is biased/scared/overthinking/stupid/Patreon/etc. People will listen to old episodes of interview or genre pods but I'll never believe normal people listen to old current event pods. Sure I can see someone going back to peep the Pusha T/Drake episode, or a contentious album review episode but overall? A year from now nobody cares what Joe thought about random "did you see that one thing on twitter" events.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Joe is not a good or even an interesting interviewer. He's not a journalist who is informed, he's not a comedian with an angle and he's not even a musician who can make other musicians feel comfortable enough to open up. His strength lies in the more shoot the shyt, barbershop-esque style of podcasting.

I like shyttin on Joe too but the him not bein able to get musicians to open up is just not true. That PullUp with Big Sean he was talkin bout depression, suicidal thoughts, deep family problems, death etc. Sean hadn't done an interview in a long time at that point IIRC . Russ interview he went deep into his bag too and even called Joe the Jalen Rose of rap media as in a nikka who been in the league and can relate to other rappers and its somethin they appreciate.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Joe fell for the fool’s gold that comes with listening to Reddit and the idiot bloggers like Danny from The Stop and Homeroom University. He stopped trying to appeal to loyal listeners and instead went to pushing narratives for views.

The only real narratives during the Rory and Mal era was the beef with Charlamagne/The Breakfast Club, Rory/Dussepalooza crew, beef with Rosenberg, Hovengers, Joe being a Puffy groupie and maybe a few others. They were all organic.

These psychoanalysis YT channels about podcast hosts were not a real thing until the end of the Rory and Mal era, which again was an actual beef/situation.

Now there are dozens of channels looking to give their personal insight about why Queenzflip was on his phone for 23 minutes during episode 683. Joe leans into it because he wants that Akademiks/viral train wreck attention anyway he can get it.

Before then it was channels dedicated to compilations about jokes, arguments, etc. There was plenty of replay value (and still is). The personal stories, etc made for the classic moments.

The only thing that will save this podcast is bringing Rory and Mal back (never going to happen) or scaling back the current cast to find a good dynamic (not likely).
Right, Joe will never ever get those fans. He’s simply too old to grab kids attention and women are not fans of his

I’m too lazy to go back but Joe did everything he could to create viral moments last year and I don’t think any of it actually increased the pod’s popularity.

Joe needs cohost that make him pod. Ish has that capability but he’s so out of touch and isn’t interesting in his own

The real issue is that no one with any real motion is going to work for Joe

Bring Rory & Mal back?

I still remember the episode when they actually did come back and how disappointed everyone was that day :mjlol:
Rory and Mal are awful. The draw is Joe, he’s the entertainer.
I like shyttin on Joe too but the him not bein able to get musicians to open up is just not true. That PullUp with Big Sean he was talkin bout depression, suicidal thoughts, deep family problems, death etc. Sean hadn't done an interview in a long time at that point IIRC . Russ interview he went deep into his bag too and even called Joe the Jalen Rose of rap media as in a nikka who been in the league and can relate to other rappers and its somethin they appreciate.
Why would anyone watch a big Sean interview