The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
when it comes to Black Americans' history the gay shyt is linked back to buck breaking during slavery. I havent listened to that part(just started the kat section), but that may be why whoever said earlier "Mel wont understand the gay stuff because she isnt American" may have a valid point. Also why some ppl just wont understand the whole "black men in dresses/ being emasculated" argument.

Ding ding ding.

A bunch of slow bus individuals who are playing black on this forum who don’t understand this lol

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Popped out for this live podcast wit my lady tonight and they had a surprise guest...that bytch Mandii B :hhh:
Mandii B sounds like a chick who grew up around nothing but white peopl, talking proper english and sht. And she starts speaking in "blaccent" to be down. Im from Florida, nobody sounds the way she does.

off topic its funny how, years back, andrew and charla used to joke that the NBA she was peggin was Dwight Howard. Only for the DH story to come out last year :heh:

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
She was not on that island. JBP not The Coli have enough sense to cover the Epstein list especially when they're still falling for the alt right's made up list of ppl they hate.
How you know if she was on it or not unless you were there? :dahell: A lot of people were on that island dude, it’s not surprising.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
How you know if she was on it or not unless you were there? :dahell: A lot of people were on that island dude, it’s not surprising.
I just know it's about 3 or 4 lists running around that are not accurate and they just happen to have ppl that the alt right and QANON hate. Ppl who are seen as left wing or left leaning. I ain't rolling, especially off this list Mel has that sounds just like the fake ones I've seen.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
White men do gay shyt as “pranks/jokes” they’re not drawing the line at wearing a dress for a movie role

I don't get the issue here. Drag has been a part of American comedy for over 100 years. I can't think of a noteworthy white comedic actor who didn't put a dress on at some point in a film or television. If some black comedic actors prefer not to put the dress on that's fine but for the love of christ can we not pretend like this is some ritual or practice that only impacts black men. It goes beyond conspiracy into pure stupidity because everyone who makes these arguments has seen Mrs. Doubtfire. Tom Hanks, Dana Harvey, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Adam Sandler, every Monty Python actor, Jack Lemmon, Dustin Hoffman, John Travolta, Patrick Swayze....the list goes on and on and goes back to the 1950s for film. Even longer when you add in theater, plays, etc.

It's a trope. No different than the buddy cop trope, or the odd couple trope, or whatever other comedic trope you want to name.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I don't get the issue here. Drag has been a part of American comedy for over 100 years. I can't think of a noteworthy white comedic actor who didn't put a dress on at some point in a film or television. If some black comedic actors prefer not to put the dress on that's fine but for the love of christ can we not pretend like this is some ritual or practice that only impacts black men. It goes beyond conspiracy into pure stupidity because everyone who makes these arguments has seen Mrs. Doubtfire. Tom Hanks, Dana Harvey, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Adam Sandler, every Monty Python actor, Jack Lemmon, Dustin Hoffman, John Travolta, Patrick Swayze....the list goes on and on and goes back to the 1950s for film. Even longer when you add in theater, plays, etc.

It's a trope. No different than the buddy cop trope, or the odd couple trope, or whatever other comedic trope you want to name.
You dont have white actors saying they are being pressured to do it though. Like Joe was saying on the pod, white actors doing it doesnt matter. There's reason black ppl call the gay shyt white dudes be doing "white boy humor".

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You dont have white actors saying they are being pressured to do it though. Like Joe was saying on the pod, white actors doing it doesnt matter. There's reason black ppl call the gay shyt white dudes be doing "white boy humor".

This doesn't make sense. If it's an accepted form of comedy, and has been so for a century...why wouldn't it be included in films and television? And if you understand it's comedy and not a commentary on your sexuality, why would you have a problem with it? The impression I get is that certain (not all) black performers view it as a commentary on their sexuality. And in terms of pressure sure, if the script says xyz and you say you aren't doing it (and don't have the cache to do so)....why wouldn't there be some pressure? You're stalling the production at that point.

You cannot simutaneously argue "it's different for white guys" and "they don't put dresses on white guys" btw. Which is the problem I have. People just being dumb and saying anything. And when they get proven wrong they start moving goal posts.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
@Piff Perkins Are you black?
This doesn't make sense. If it's an accepted form of comedy, and has been so for a century...why wouldn't it be included in films and television?
idk what you are arguing here. I never said it shouldnt be included in films and tv.

And if you understand it's comedy and not a commentary on your sexuality, why would you have a problem with it? The impression I get is that certain (not all) black performers view it as a commentary on their sexuality.
Like you said, some black performers and black ppl in general do have a problem with it. I think your problem here is the sexuality part. It's about promoting the emasculation of black men more than sexuality. White men/ppl dont have to worry about because like you said it's normalized in white comedy.

And in terms of pressure sure, if the script says xyz and you say you aren't doing it (and don't have the cache to do so)....why wouldn't there be some pressure? You're stalling the production at that point.
Ok and? They can change it or get someone else for the role.

You cannot simutaneously argue "it's different for white guys" and "they don't put dresses on white guys" btw. Which is the problem I have. People just being dumb and saying anything. And when they get proven wrong they start moving goal posts.
I didnt make this argument so dont know who this is directed at. Where did I say they dont put dresses on white guys? What goal posts have I moved?

I'll just cross post what I did in the Katt thread on the topic
For all yall going "aint nothing going on with black men in dresses, it doesnt mean anything" I hope yall arent black.
I dont know how you can call yourself a black person, know the history of shyt like buck breaking and not at least understand where people are coming from.
It doesnt matter what white actors are in dresses, they dont have our history and probably dont mind. Which is why it was dumb for Boyce to make that post.
It doesnt matter that Eddie/Jamie/Martin/Tyler Perry etc wore/were dresses. They were probably cool with it and chalked it up as comedy or they couldve been pressured into it and just rolled with it. Eddie for example, was caught with a transexual in his car, so he probably wouldnt care about wearing a dress.

Like yall have actors saying "I felt heavily pressured to put the dress on" and yall just want to overlook it and say they complaining about nothing.

Yall probably same ones that wouldnt understand the arguments black ppl have of:
Why in most tyler perry shows the dark skinned dude is always portrayed as "aint shyt" adn the light skin dude is the "good guy"?
Why is the only black man on the show/movie gay?
Why is this black actor/actress leading this movie have a non black spouse most the time?
Why do we always see so many interracial couples instead of strong black couples on tv?
White people also cut off the noses of the statues in Egypt(black features) and said all the pharaohs and shyt were white lmao.
For the bible ppl "Jesus had skin like bronze and hair like wool" and they pushed a white skinned straight haired image to the masses.

That's the thing about this convo. You sorta have to know history a lil, specifically black/slavery history. A lot of this dress shyt has to do with slavery and buck breaking. Which all has to do with emasculating the black man and fukking up the black family.