The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They covered that Dwight story?
Yeah. Said dude was wrong for outing Dwight

Cracked some jokes, saying Dwight too tall to try and secretly be gay.

Try to give some nuance on why he’d hide being bisexual while playing in the NBA when Mel asked if finding out athletes you admire if they came out would it change their perception of them.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Idk whats shocking about City Girls flopping, they been cold for about 2 years now. And then to randomly drop an album without a single. Their label should’ve known they dont have no where the cache/fanfare to do some shyt like that. And there’s women doing what they do but better.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Idk whats shocking about City Girls flopping, they been cold for about 2 years now. And then to randomly drop an album without a single. Their label should’ve known they dont have no where the cache/fanfare to do some shyt like that. And there’s women doing what they do but better.
It’s time for them to just be socialites and drop singles every now and then

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I had to look it up because I don't remember them having a single either lol. They released a single four months ago that flopped. And instead of working on a follow up I guess the label said fukk it and dropped the album. They dropped another single a week ago that doesn't even have 500k views on youtube yet. Looks like it's game over.

That market of thot rap is so saturated that eventually a lot of them will be phased out. Glorilla is probably next up to be forgotten. If you aren't having consistent hits all you're getting is social media engagement or trying to sell a product (McDonalds, perfume, lingerie, etc). As I always say, attention isn't support. People liking your IG pics and discussing your makeup/outfits doesn't mean they want to listen to your music or go to a concert.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I had to look it up because I don't remember them having a single either lol. They released a single four months ago that flopped. And instead of working on a follow up I guess the label said fukk it and dropped the album. They dropped another single a week ago that doesn't even have 500k views on youtube yet. Looks like it's game over.

That market of thot rap is so saturated that eventually a lot of them will be phased out. Glorilla is probably next up to be forgotten. If you aren't having consistent hits all you're getting is social media engagement or trying to sell a product (McDonalds, perfume, lingerie, etc). As I always say, attention isn't support. People liking your IG pics and discussing your makeup/outfits doesn't mean they want to listen to your music or go to a concert.
Its wild how fast the girls seemingly moved on from Glorilla

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Fukk the reflection on you as a parent take. How the hell did Ish or no one else bring up the laws of attraction??

For as much as they were talking about rappers lying, it's like they've forgotten all of the pods about "can we go back to rappers lying" cuz drill shyt done got too real, etc.

What if mans and em continued in his raps on sum bs and real niccas wanna find out if really like that? Is he prepared for that? Are we prepared for the "it was just music" think pieces that would come with it?

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
Fukk the reflection on you as a parent take. How the hell did Ish or no one else bring up the laws of attraction??

For as much as they were talking about rappers lying, it's like they've forgotten all of the pods about "can we go back to rappers lying" cuz drill shyt done got too real, etc.

What if mans and em continued in his raps on sum bs and real niccas wanna find out if really like that? Is he prepared for that? Are we prepared for the "it was just music" think pieces that would come with it?
they listened to 8 bars of one song and were like "he aint rapping about nothing bad, what Mike trippin for...."

didnt do the diligence...dude all over youtube with allllll the guns and drugs....all of em

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Its wild how fast the girls seemingly moved on from Glorilla
She said splitting bills 50/50 wasn't bad and got thrown in the bushes lmao. Then tried to come back with that fukk nikkas shyt and it didn't hit the same. Maybe she drops a hit and none of that matters but I doubt it. Barely any of these chicks are actual rappers or artists. They're just riding a wave, like ringtone rappers.

Imma always give Ice Spice praise for quickly understanding that the "fukk nikkas" shyt is a dead end. In an era where the most popular women artists are singing about love and heart break (Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo, etc) it blows my mind that so many rappers would rather pretend to be rugged chicks instead of just doing what Ice Spice is doing. Love songs, heart break, shyt talking, etc. Yea she got some fukk nikkas shyt but it's not the focus.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She said splitting bills 50/50 wasn't bad and got thrown in the bushes lmao. Then tried to come back with that fukk nikkas shyt and it didn't hit the same. Maybe she drops a hit and none of that matters but I doubt it. Barely any of these chicks are actual rappers or artists. They're just riding a wave, like ringtone rappers.
her most recent single is some clear tiktok bait idk what the hell CMG was thinking with that one. On average the tiktokers don't like obvious tiktok bait, I said before tiktok is far more organic than people give it credit for.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Try to give some nuance on why he’d hide being bisexual while playing in the NBA when Mel asked if finding out athletes you admire if they came out would it change their perception of them.
It's weird how they tried to flip it on mel saying she was trying to "get them". A better question wouldve been if a rapper or singer turned out gay, would it change their perception.

They probably wouldve gave the same bs "you wont catch me" answer tho :francis:

I remember Mal saying he was listenin to music in the shower and almost broke his neck trying to get out and change the song when some Frank Ocean song came on that had gay lyrics in it :russ:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps

Imma always give Ice Spice praise for quickly understanding that the "fukk nikkas" shyt is a dead end. In an era where the most popular women artists are singing about love and heart break (Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo, etc) it blows my mind that so many rappers would rather pretend to be rugged chicks instead of just doing what Ice Spice is doing. Love songs, heart break, shyt talking, etc. Yea she got some fukk nikkas shyt but it's not the focus.
Meg could take some hints from Ice too. She was on the "fukk nikkas" wave heavy too. She would be cold as hell even w/o the Tory Lanes stuff.