42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
There was never a fukking chance of a 2-state solution. Not even a long shot. Israel wasn’t going to allow it and the US did not give a fukk. We have to be adults and be honest about this instead of living with some liberal fairy tale that they didn’t believe.
The only way it would've happened was after Netanyahu. Everyone knew this. Before all this kicked off he was fighting off increasing opposition internally but yeah that's definitely a distance memory at this point....

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The only way it would've happened was after Netanyahu. Everyone knew this. Before all this kicked off he was fighting off increasing opposition internally but yeah that's definitely a distance memory at this point....
So then you wrote a wall of text because?

Because Israel was not interested in that before Netenyahu and now that monster is looking at real estate.

Israel has never wanted a 2 state solution and the US is uninterested in facilitating that.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So then you wrote a wall of text because?

Because Israel was not interested in that before Netenyahu and now that monster is looking at real estate.

Israel has never wanted a 2 state solution and the US is uninterested in facilitating that.
don't act like im some sort of apologist, short-sighted, or reactive on this - i've never been that in this thread

but if a 'wall of text' (and you've entertained much, much worse :dead: ) is too much then please excuse me for dumbing this down further;

continue to gradually erode the grasp of the adversary

or

crash out for weak promises from groups that hate adversary more than they've ever cared about you, galvanize your adversary's support, and get your people butchered to the point where the outside world becomes simply exhausted and indifferent to it

i don't even know how there can be a reasonable 'sinwar had the right idea' dialogue in here but 'netanyahu's eventual departure would've opened more pathways' is somehow utterly outrageous given the results

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
don't act like im some sort of apologist, short-sighted, or reactive on this - i've never been that in this thread

but if a 'wall of text' (and you've entertained much, much worse :dead: ) is too much then please excuse me for dumbing this down further;

or

crash out for weak promises from groups that hate adversary more than they've ever cared about you, galvanize your adversary's support, and get your people butchered to the point where the outside world becomes simply exhausted and indifferent to it

i don't even know how there can be a reasonable 'sinwar had the right idea' dialogue in here but 'netanyahu's eventual departure would've opened more pathways' is somehow utterly outrageous given the results
You said there was a small chance before Oct. 7. There wasn’t. It is a wall of text of hope.

I am not defending Oct. 7 attack, but we have to be honest about the 2-state nonsense as well. It was never going to happen and everyone knew it. Idk how I would act in a desperate situation like that. Don’t commit the atrocity, but that was happening to their people for decades.

They been talking about a 2-state solution a since the 80s, and some how Israel gains more land even before Oct. 7. We have to be honest about that. It was some snide thing thrown out there that the people in power have never seriously pushed to see.

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

or

Sharon effectively killed the 2-state solution when he became PM. Netanyahu undermined it from 1996-1999 before Barak beat him.

Ehud Barak would have gotten it done if he didn't lose that election in 2001. The Taba Summit had real momentum and they were weeks away from a deal. It wouldn't have been perfect. They wouldn't be a full sovereign state but the Palestinian people would not be stateless and would no longer be an occupied peoples. It was better than what Clinton was pushing at Camp David during the 2000 election.

The proposals from both the Israelis and Palestinians were closer at Taba.

X3aqioK.jpeg

dgmMbSi.jpeg

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
^Yal are too used to going back and forth with people that never intended a good faith post in the first place.
You said there was a small chance before Oct. 7. There wasn’t. It is a wall of text of hope.

I am not defending Oct. 7 attack, but we have to be honest about the 2-state nonsense as well. It was never going to happen and everyone knew it.

They been talking about a 2-state solution a since the 80s, and some how Israel gains more land even before Oct. 7. We have to be honest about that.
?? There absolutely was - and it resided in Israel post-Netanyahu. There was never a zero chance. Hurdles? Absolutely. Easy? fukk no.

And if you want to debate that point cool - However, arguing that Oct 7's attack was going to put Palestine in a better position is objectively lunacy.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
There absolutely was - and it resided in Israel post-Netanyahu.
Have you read up on Israeli politics the last 10 years? The extreme right has gotten Netenyahu into power. He is actually under electoral threat from people to the right of him. Idk man, I don’t think this was ever going to happen.

And if you want to debate that point cool - However, arguing that Oct 7's attack was going to put Palestine in a better position is objectively lunacy.
I don’t think it’s made the Palestinian state under Hamas leadership a possibility, but it has delegitimized the Israeli government to many states across the globe, especially Western Europe.

Last edited:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I think that's a fallacy tbh. Bloodshed is the norm - generationally. Another war in the middle east isn't rattling anyone who's accustomed to it.
What's been happening in Gaza over the past year is by no means the normal course of action between Israel and the Palestinians. The scope and scale of devastation is categorically different than the bloodshed we've seen in the past. When Israel used to go into the Occupied Territories and "mow the lawn", this isn't what they did. October 7th wasn't just another normal operation by Palestinian forces in the history of the conflict. The unbridled, genocidal bloodlust we've seen from Israel that has completely destroyed Gaza isn't just another normal event in the history of the conflict. The people in the region have been rattled. People of good conscience around the world have been rattled. The only people who haven't been rattled are the ignorant, the sadistic, or the contingent of people with stunted emotional development who adopt this affected callousness in the face of seeing a Palestinian child with their head blown open like they're trying to not give their girl the ick.

But more than anything you cannot call any of this a success. Like in what metric?

No militarized force came to help.
The standing open opposition to Israel in Iran has raised black flags of war and red flags of vengeance but done nothing beyond well measured shows of force that effectively communicates their unwillingness to even entertain true friction.
Israel is in no way delegitimized in any material way - there's some performative court proceedings, empathetic and misplaced protests that don't stop bombs from falling, and even in spite of journalists and humanitarian workers being killed without regard there is no true remedial action.
"Rights" is a joke. How many people have died and will continue to be killed? Its a wholesale departure from the reality of many never being able to return home or even be identified in the grave. That is a remarkable disconnect to talk rights when institutions have been leveled without even a humored conversation of recompense.

This is just whimsical romanticism that wants to focus on what could/should be and what is. Keep fighting the good fight? My sentiments from hour 1 are the same as they are over a year later - if you're going to fight, you need to win. Palestine will never recover from this and even the idea of regional unity in that region has been exposed is all talk.
The metric is progress towards the actualization of a state for Palestinians. I do not believe this will happen through Israel being bombed into submission by forces and nations allied with the Palestinian cause. I think it will be come through the international political/legal/economic pressure, much like Apartheid South Africa. An entire generation has been exposed to the true brutal nature of the state of Israel. But if you're already referring to the anti-genocide protests as "misplaced" when in fact it's one of the most accurate and specific protest movements we've ever seen, you're most likely disinclined to feel the earth moving beneath your feet.

You call the notion of human rights a joke, which is your prerogative. But then I ask you, what would you have had the Palestinians do? You say it was a mistake to strike out and fight for their lives because the response has been being massacred by a much more powerful enemy. Ok. But then you criticize the appeal to rights in institutions of non-violence as "whimsical romanticism" because they don't have the direct material enforcement power of violence. You're basically telling someone on the 6th floor of a burning building that if they jump they better survive. Again, I ask, what should the Palestinians have done?

Palestinians know they cannot defeat Israel on the battlefield. Contrary to dumbass Israeli propaganda, the strategic goal of Operation Al Aqsa Flood was not to retake the land that constitutes modern day Israel, or kill every Israeli in the country. It was to provoke Israel into displaying to the world the inhumanity at the heart of their occupation and delegitimize the Zionist entity in the eyes of the United States and the international community - the only entities with power over Israel - so they can force Israel into a just resolution to this crisis. In this way, Sinwar won.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

If you are familiar with the history and tradition of decolonial or liberation ideology, and a people's yearning for true freedom while under the boot of oppression, then this sentiment will be familiar to you.

If the measure of your life is watching the game on the big screen at Chili's and being entertained to death at the heart of the empire, then this sentiment will be inscrutable to you.

“Heart of the empire” fukk you tankies are cringe. Aren’t you a Chinese person that lives in the west? You can’t even liberate your local Whole Foods. Stfu. :mjlol:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Palestinians know they cannot defeat Israel on the battlefield. Contrary to dumbass Israeli propaganda, the strategic goal of Operation Al Aqsa Flood was not to retake the land that constitutes modern day Israel, or kill every Israeli in the country. It was to provoke Israel into displaying to the world the inhumanity at the heart of their occupation and delegitimize the Zionist entity in the eyes of the United States and the international community - the only entities with power over Israel - so they can force Israel into a just resolution to this crisis. In this way, Sinwar won.

Pure fantasy and delusional cope. Where is Israel being forced by the “international community” into a resolution to this crisis? The US is right now transferring state of the art air defense systems to Israel as they are likely going to start bombing Lebanon and Iran in force. Where is this withdrawn support? Where is the international community blockading trade to Israel or any meaningful retort?

You want to talk geopolitical battle strategy yet you can’t even comprehend how your enemy thinks.

If Hamas or Hesbollah had managed to suck Israel into a drawn out costly fight you might have seen the US pull back support or force Israel into a ceasefire, but after the last month as Israel has secured victory after victory and more importantly propaganda victories that make US policy look good and has Republicans across the media sphere talking about how Israel fights wars the way they should be fought as to why they always win- somehow you think that US politicians are going to pull back support for Israel when they are killing everyone in the region the US state department has been at war with for the last 40 years?

The utter unmitigated delusion you tankies have. It would almost be admirable if it wasn’t actual people dying behind your stupidity and lack of foresight. Your literal battle strategy is if Palestinians die enough the world will take pity and force a nuclear armed state to do something that would be antithetical to the meaning of its existence.

My lord. Time and time again Israeli Jews have shown themselves to be as merciless and fanatical as you portend yourselves to be yet you still believe with another disastrous operation they’ll all hop on a plane back to Brooklyn and declare the Tankie Caliphate.

:laff:

Last edited: