Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
I can't really explain why the US is backing Israel in this way. It makes no goddamn sense on any level. Only conspiracy theories come to mind to explain.

No conspiracies really, more socio economics and geopolitics.

Jews are a wealthy and influential group in America ; let me preface this by saying this is not due to anything malicious... There have been Jews in America since the 18th century so they have long standing ties with the United States... Also the large number of elderly Jewish voters in Florida... and most importantly they have the biggest lobby in the world with AIPAC... Also Holocaust sympathy which in my view was rightly used by a people decimated by a madman.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans

Jews are a wealthy and influential group in America ; let me preface this by saying this is not due to anything malicious... There have been Jews in America since the 18th century so they have long standing ties with the United States... Also the large number of elderly Jewish voters in Florida... and most importantly they have the biggest lobby in the world with AIPAC... Also Holocaust sympathy which in my view was rightly used by a people decimated by a madman.

:leon:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
no, it's not "true", don't let him confuse you. this man literally just said he's ok with annexing the majority space in the west bank where just 5% or so of pals are left because of settlement building and displacement while they were engaged in the farce of the 'security occupation' and ' 2 state process'.

I literally never said this you fukkin lunatic :laff: :laff: :laff:

I'm sure he has some bullsh1t response to this but the point is that the peace process is a joke. It's an "israel gets land process"

http://thecepr.org/images/stories/pdf/area c final report july 2011.pdf

There really is no response necessary.

Do you have evidence that there are less Muslims in Area C, then there were, in say, 1970?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Your pdf is hilarious, all statistics based on Palestinian sources, lmao.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Mr. Netanyahu’s Strategic Mistake

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/04/o...yahus-strategic-mistake.html?ref=opinion&_r=0

Mr. Netanyahu’s punitive, shortsighted moves threaten to crush the Palestinian Authority, and its president, Mahmoud Abbas, who has recognized Israel’s right to exist and represents the only credible peace negotiator.

Expanding West Bank settlements makes it nearly impossible to restart peace negotiations. Worse, it is a terrible distraction from the Iranian nuclear issue, which Mr. Netanyahu considers the main strategic threat to Israel. His actions have unwisely alienated the European Union, which has been crucial to pressuring Iran to abandon its nuclear program. Britain, France, Spain, Sweden and Denmark on Monday summoned the Israeli ambassadors in their capitals to protest Israel’s settlement plans.

The plan to develop E1 is particularly disturbing because the Obama administration, like others before it, have considered expansion there fatal to a two-state solution. Mr. Netanyahu is up for re-election in January, so he may be driven by his political needs. But that is no excuse.

The administration firmly condemned the moves, but Mr. Obama needs develop a new strategy for reviving peace talks, even though many despair of any success. He can start by urging Mr. Netanyahu to drop the settlement plans and Mr. Abbas to forgo applying for Palestinian membership in United Nations affiliates or trying to bring cases against Israel in the International Criminal Court.

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ

:comeon: They banked off slavery

All through the eighteenth century, into the early nineteenth, Jews in the North were to own black servants; in the South, the few plantations owned by Jews were tilled with slave labor. In 1820, over 75 percent of all Jewish families in Charleston, Richmond, and Savannah owned slaves, employed as domestic servants; almost 40 percent of all Jewish householders in the United States owned one slave or more. There were no protests against slavery as such by Jews in the South, where they were always outnumbered at least 100 to 1....But very few Jews anywhere in the United States protested against chattel slavery on moral grounds." United States Jewry, 1776-1985 (Detroit: Wayne State University Press, 1989), p. 586.

Rabbi Bertram W. Korn

"It would seem to be realistic to conclude that any Jew who could afford to own slaves and had need for their services would do so....Jews participated in every aspect and process of the exploitation of the defenseless blacks."

From “Jews and Negro Slavery in the Old South, 1789-1865," Dr. Korn is a rabbi, historian with degrees from Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, Cincinnati.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
cotdamnyamanAbbas :whoa:

The End Of Abbas's Game - The Daily Beast

After the January 22 Israeli election, Abbas plans to visit U.S. President Barack Obama and the next Israeli premier—presumably a re-elected Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu—and deliver a sharp message, Pines-Paz recounted during a visit to the United States last week: "I am not going to continue in the coming four years the same way that we did in the last four years, meaning, if there is not going to be any kind of dialogue or peace process that should end with a result, I’m going to, number one, cancel the Oslo agreement, number two, end the Palestinian Authority, number three, give Netanyahu the keys (to the West Bank), and number four, resign. That’s it, pure and simple.’’

Abbas, after the election, will tell the Israelis: "You want to be occupiers? So you occupy? I’m not going to be your shield. I’m not going to do for you the dirty work of keeping the security of Israel from the West Bank and getting nothing in return. Enough is enough. You want to continue and build the Hamas and (its leader, Ismail Haniyeh), do that with pleasure.’’

Spin

All Star
Daps
:comeon: They banked off slavery

All through the eighteenth century, into the early nineteenth, Jews in the North were to own black servants; in the South, the few plantations owned by Jews were tilled with slave labor. In 1820, over 75 percent of all Jewish families in Charleston, Richmond, and Savannah owned slaves, employed as domestic servants; almost 40 percent of all Jewish householders in the United States owned one slave or more. There were no protests against slavery as such by Jews in the South, where they were always outnumbered at least 100 to 1....But very few Jews anywhere in the United States protested against chattel slavery on moral grounds." United States Jewry, 1776-1985 (Detroit: Wayne State University Press, 1989), p. 586.

Rabbi Bertram W. Korn

"It would seem to be realistic to conclude that any Jew who could afford to own slaves and had need for their services would do so....Jews participated in every aspect and process of the exploitation of the defenseless blacks."

From “Jews and Negro Slavery in the Old South, 1789-1865," Dr. Korn is a rabbi, historian with degrees from Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, Cincinnati.

And the Africans didn't bank off selling their own people to the Europeans? Everybody was making money in one form or fashion. In 1840 there was only about 15,000 Jews in the United States out of 17 million Americans. Most of them being Sephardic Jews from Spain, Portugal (where the slave trade was bigger) as opposed to German and Eastern European Jews that came later. Not to defend anyone, but the numbers support that there was more Jewish support on the Union side than Confederate. You have to be careful the way you read into what these "scholars" are saying as most of them have their own agenda.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
"The story of the birth of Jesus told by the people of Bethlehem. Made by St Paul's Church, Auckland, New Zealand."

Last edited by a moderator: