Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
About twice a week I click on the CNN home page just to see what it's headlines are. 50% of the time, it's some version of this.

8ksLATt.jpg

That's the headline right now, today on January 4, on an American news station. There's a massive human catastrophe going on, and they're still hyper-focused on a person-by-person recounting of October 7th.

- The #1 headline is an Israel talking about how terrible Hamas is.

- The story supporting it is Israel police documenting how horrible Hamas is.

- Next story before that is a different Israeli talking about how horrible Hamas is.

- Below that? Yet another Israeli talking about how horrible Hamas is.

- Finally, 5th one down is a bland statement about the Israel's current actions using the neutral phrase "intensifies operations".....right in the place they had told Gaza residents to evacuate to, but of course they don't say that.

- And the the last story on the list? USA source justifying Israel's military action.

It's fukking wild how many times I thought I would see something about the actual ongoing bombings and attacks, only to see yet another headline, front-and-center, about Hamas's actions on October 7th. It's as if whoever decides formatting for CNN's front page is operating full-time as a tool of the Israeli government's propaganda arm.

If you dig deeper in CNN, you can see them actually cover Palestinians, like this story right now:

Suffering is everywhere in Gaza and no place is safe for displaced civilians, a United Nations aid worker said Thursday, as she detailed the harrowing conditions in the enclave.

Gemma Connell, Gaza team leader for the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), said she had witnessed high levels of devastation across the enclave over the past month.

Many people arriving in southern Gaza “have been displaced not once, not twice, but six or seven times,” she told CNN’s Christiane Amanpour.

Connell also described the desperation in the north.

"I have never in my humanitarian career seen the level of suffering, desperation and deprivation that the people who are across that checkpoint are suffering," she said.
“No food, no water, very little medical supplies.”

Connell also pushed back on Israeli accusations that the UN’s Palestinian refugee agency is “stalling,” as aid trickles into Gaza from two southern border crossings.

“The fact that all of us here wake up every day, trying to get assistance out, is proof positive of the fact that we are not stalling. There are many challenges," she said, citing the multiple screenings aid trucks have to go through.

Connell also said more attention should be given to the fate of the 2.2 million people in Gaza who are in desperate need of help.

“My biggest fear is that the world doesn't see the people of Gaza as the humans that they are,” she said. “And yet every day that’s exactly what I see — is the humans of Gaza and the devastating and catastrophic toll of this war on humans.”

But that shyt is never on the front page. What they put on the front page, for the average American to absorb, is a constant march of Israeli war justifications. I can't recall ever seeing anything like it.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Wake up brehs, a new 'but do you condemn Hamas' angle has dropped.

:dahell:

Wait, is that really why they've chosen today to focus on alleged Hamas rapes from October. They're deflecting from Epstein? :what:

Edit: shyt, I know Dershowitz is a massive Zionist and representing Israel in international court, but I just remembered that Epstein himself was supposedly an agent of Israel as well.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Seriously though, how long is the international community going to abide this massacre....
There's plenty of cacs and c00ns in this thread alone supporting the current slaughter and defending israeli paedophiles (pressure, 88m3, meachthec00n etc). The international community doesn't really give a shyt