Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

And here is Piers Mogan definitely not spreading the false decapitated babies claim.

F8umOW0W4AAuW1H

This piece of information — among other tales of atrocities to come out of the Israel-Hamas war — went viral. "At least 40 babies," said reporter Nicole Zedeck for Israel's i24News site, based on her interview with Israeli reserve soldier David Ben Zion.

At warp speed, this was carried far and wide by the media across the world. The Israeli Prime Minister's spokesman also said that babies and toddlers "with their heads decapitated" had been found at the site.

On 11 October, US President Joe Biden said, "I never really thought that I would see and have confirmed pictures of terrorists beheading children."

But because some journalists did their bare minimum due diligence, the "Israel official says that the government cannot confirm" news surfaced.

On 12 October, CNN reporter Sara Sidner took to X, formerly known as Twitter, and said "Yesterday the Israeli Prime Minister's office said that it had confirmed Hamas beheaded babies and children while we were live on the air. The Israeli government now says today it CANNOT confirm babies were beheaded. I needed to be more careful with my words and I am sorry."

But the damage had been done. This added to the fuel to substantiate Israel's "retaliation" against Hamas — which translated to the siege of Gaza, the bombing of Gaza and the evacuation order for Gazans to move south.

Notice Piers never once apologized to Bassem for spreading that lie or admitted having any part in it.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Israel could do themselves some favors by not taking credit for it on social media then deleting posts after the fact for what its worth :dead:

On top of that, if they'd actually let third parties in to establish safe zones, provide humanitarian aid, etc - then there'd be some folks on the ground more than able to independently investigate and verify as necessary.

The story wouldn't be "we investigated ourselves and found nothing wrong. no, seriously this time" after bombing agreed upon safe passage routes, reuters journalists, and designated UN relief centers just days earlier while boasting about turning Gaza into dust for a whole week. They set that table all on their own with all the favorable short-term framing they could've asked for as a headstart.

My comment is more-so about disinformation and how quickly it’s proliferating and leading to real world impacts. Not Israel’s war conduct.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
If the bombing of the hospital never happened the Arab world would still be enraged by the continuous bombing Israel is doing. Lets not pretend that Israel hasn't already slaughtered hundreds (if not thousands) of women and children since its campaign began. The hospital strike was just the tipping point. Women and children are being blown to bits as we speak probably. I do agree that we shouldn't have rushed to judgement. However, given Israels track record can you really blame anyone for automatically thinking they striked the hospital?

I said in a prior post yesterday that it was plausible Israel was the culprit due their bombing track record (Check my post history). And I wasnt saying the Arab world shouldn't be enraged.

But my comment today is more about disinformation, as now its seems it wasnt as everyone first expected. If you were on social media yesterday there were dozen of people posting about it, posting fake videos, referencing tweets, coming to conclusions and it was effecting real world geopolitics. The Arab world wasn't as enraged as it was today when the accusation went out. If the goal is to stop escalation you can see how coming to conclusions too early from random posts can worsen an already bad situation.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
I get your point but the Arab world has a full right to be angry about this :yeshrug:

It's 2023 and we still have European settler nations causing havoc on poor brown people with the backing of powerful empires. Is this 2023 or the age of discovery and colonization?

My comment is about the disinformation environment and how it affects geopolitics. I never said the Arab world shouldnt be angry

GhostoftheMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Straight Outta Homeworld
Young voters are fickle and everything is a purity test. They will fold at a moment's notice which is why they are not reliable.

I think as of now Biden actually has the majority support on this. It's just the minority or opposition is the loudest which is why it may come off more forceful and noticeable. I think this will help him with Independents and old school anti-Trump Reagan Republicans who are key voting blocks needed to win in small margin states.
i will say he's def lost my vote at this moment, would rather sit it out than help a liar like himself

that guy

Superstar
Daps
I said in a prior post yesterday that it was plausible Israel was the culprit due their bombing track record (Check my post history). And I wasnt saying the Arab world shouldn't be enraged.

But my comment today is more about disinformation, as now its seems it wasnt as everyone first expected. If you were on social media yesterday there were dozen of people posting about it, posting fake videos, referencing tweets, coming to conclusions and it was effecting real world geopolitics. The Arab world wasn't as enraged as it was today when the accusation went out. If the goal is to stop escalation you can see how coming to conclusions too early from random posts can worsen an already bad situation.
It’s hard to be enraged about a bombing from days prior when Israel never stopped bombing since then :skip:

The absurdity of the idea that Israel says “sure, we’ve dropped 6,000 bombs on an area the size of Las Vegas and killed 1000 toddlers in the process but THIS time it wasn’t us. We would never do something that evil” :troll:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

The administrator of a Gazan hospital rocked by a deadly explosion on Tuesday night has said that the Israeli military repeatedly warned the hospital’s management in recent days to evacuate the site.

On Wednesday, the Anglican archbishop who oversees the hospital said that the Israeli military had called and texted the hospital managers at least three times since Saturday, asking its patients and staff to leave the hospital compound, along with the displaced Gazans who had crowded onto the grounds because they considered it relatively safe from aerial bombardment.

Archbishop Hosam Naoum, the head of the Episcopal Church in Jerusalem and the Middle East, which runs the hospital, said in a news briefing on Wednesday that in recent days, large numbers of Gazans — 5,000 at their peak — had taken shelter at the hospital site to escape Israeli airstrikes.

Archbishop Naoum said the warnings were particular to the hospital, and not part of Israel’s wider push to encourage civilians to leave northern Gaza for the territory’s south.

“There were specific warnings to get out of the building,” the archbishop said.

Video posted after the Saturday attack — and verified by The New York Times — showed damage inside the hospital. The footage also showed the remnants of an artillery shell amid the debris.

Palestinian armed groups have typically relied on long-range artillery rockets to strike inside Israel and have not been recorded using howitzers that fire shells of this type. But Israel commonly uses howitzers to strike inside Palestinian areas.

that guy

Superstar
Daps