mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
There's a disconnect somewhere, you're talking about something else.

US already warning Israel.

I didn’t misunderstand your post. The west will support Israel regardless of what they do. They are ahistorical and extremely reactionary leaders and governments.

There was barely any criticism in the west when the IDF were popping peaceful protestors. They defended Israel dropping bombs and killing hundreds over Molotov cocktails. The west let’s Israel to do what they want.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
I didn’t misunderstand your post. The west will support Israel regardless of what they do. They are ahistorical and extremely reactionary leaders and governments.

There was barely any criticism in the west when the IDF were popping peaceful protestors. They defended Israel dropping bombs and killing hundreds over Molotov cocktails. The west let’s Israel to do what they want.
Exactly. All they'll do is say we warned them while supplying all the weapons to do all the mass executions.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Lol you think Republicans will be any better on this? At least Dems are somewhat more nuanced on the issue.
Genocide is genocide. Whether they're killed or dead you're the one that supported pulling the trigger. Biden is no different than Trump in this regard and where a both sides argument is actually right. Republicans support outright slaughter. Dems do to but they at least wrap it in a bow before supporting death and destruction.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Genocide is genocide. Whether they're killed or dead you're the one that supported pulling the trigger. Biden is no different than Trump in this regard and where a both sides argument is actually right. Republicans support outright slaughter. Dems do to but they at least wrap it in a bow before supporting death and destruction.
I dunno, I think folks are trying to have a discussion the administration isn’t really getting involved in.

I don’t even think the decisions are moral or ethical decisions being made. Just general geopolitics. The Us isn’t going to weaken its strategic foothold in the region by weakening Israel.

Similarly, we know the key reason for the US involvement in Russia is to weaken Russia and further strengthen our presence in the region.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
MLH is such a groupie for this cause and I always wondered why.

It's beyond Palestinian rights...dude really might hate the concept of Israel.
and you're such a groupie for zionism, I always wondered why, but now that you're a confirmed indian it makes sense since you all love zionism.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We all know that was never a real possibility. Right?
So we shrug our shoulders and watch this play out. The US making the decision they made to support Israel is expected, but I applaud people who have opened their eyes to see the level of blatant wickedness on display here, from Hamas initially but now wholly from Israel.

Hopefully this becomes a catalyst for change.

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I changed the way I read news ever since the George Floyd protests. Basically you have to be more vigilant and aware when disseminating news now, know the biases of each news organization and the credentials of the reporter.

Typically social media and ad based news sources should have low priority as they tend to be inaccurate and chase “clicks” for revenue. Same with 24hr news television.

You best bet is to probably take out a subscription for most news now imo. Like NY Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, The Economist etc. Your information will be a lot slower as they do a lot of fact checking, and you’ll have to do a lot more reading but they are typically good at delivering more accurate stories. As always, there will be some bias (WSJ is more right leaning, NYT more left ) but it is usually only apparent in their opinion sections, the actual news isnt as biased. Only downside is it can be a bit expensive over time.

I read all three (NYT, WSJ, WaPo + Axios/Insider for quick news). I prefer WSJ but, as you said, stick to the news reporting. Once you go into the editorials, it gets MAGA really fast.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
So we shrug our shoulders and watch this play out. The US making the decision they made to support Israel is expected, but I applaud people who have opened their eyes to see the level of blatant wickedness on display here, from Hamas initially but now wholly from Israel.

Hopefully this becomes a catalyst for change.
I’m sorry, I’ve been aware of how we’ve operated. This isn’t new to me and shouldn’t be new to you. But framing this is some good guy bad guy black and white ordeal is just attempting to oversimplify the reality.

Kinda wild seeing a British man try and peg this situation solely on the Us :pachaha:

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Serious question. Those who are pro-Israel (online and offline), how do they justify they took Palestine’s land for the last 75 years?

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m sorry, I’ve been aware of how we’ve operated. This isn’t new to me and shouldn’t be new to you. But framing this is some good guy bad guy black and white ordeal is just attempting to oversimplify the reality.
There are two issues at play here, the US response, which doesn't surprise me at all, and the conflict itself which is turning into potential genocide.

If you are speaking to the US response I understand. No one should watch genocide play out and shrug their shoulders, however. This will change the way a lot of people accept a geopolitical worldview. Whether it's enough to stop someone voting for the Dems vs the GOP, that's a conversation to have after the emotion dies down.