The Official Hurt Business Thread #THB Edit: Back in Business?

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
What did Cedric do to make Vince not like him?

According to Kurt Angle

“You look at what they have been doing with Alexander, the Hurt Business. You know, he got in a little trouble last year,” he said. “He didn’t do something that Vince wanted him to do, and you know, if you don’t listen to your boss, things could get a little bit, you know, depressing for you:mjpls:, and he didn’t listen the one night, and they scolded him for a good half-year before they started using him again, and rightfully so, he should have listened.

Kurt Angle reveals how Cedric Alexander got on the wrong side of Vince McMahon

My guess is Vince asked him to do something sus:mjpls: or sus:dame:

:yeshrug:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Retribution being taken under the wing of #THB is something that would have made sense after they basically squashed them. Could have repackaged them quite easily and salvaged the whole thing.

This is lazy and bootleg. Why would MVP take on these two losers? Shelton and Ced at least had credibility as former tag champions.

So call me optimistic or maybe just nuts...

But if they take the masks off these dudes and put 'em in suits keeping with the image of THB, I got no problem with it.

It doesn't matter that they lost matches- Benjamin and Alexander were catering/job squad status before they got added to THB. shyt, THB in itself was basically built on improving the careers of 4 dudes who were headed nowhere, so :yeshrug: If Dio and Dijakovic are a dominant tag team 6 months from now, I doubt anyone even bothers to bring up the Retribution shyt. If THB's success has proven nothing else, a fresh push will erase a kayfabe win-loss record.

The biggest thing for me is that since it IS called the Hurt Business... two MFs who definitely look like they could hurt somebody ain't the worst addition in the world. I do dislike that Benjamin and Alexander got cut, because I liked it the way it already was, but it ain't the end of the world. I'ma let this play out first... but yeah, the Retribution image obviously gotta go.

Last edited:

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
Shelton and Cedric need to make a hardcore / crash holly type tag team . Cedric under sheltons teachings would be great

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
R-297787-1540696559-4401.jpeg.jpg

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
Bobby Lashley stopped by the “Mack Mania” podcast this week to talk about how The Hurt Business wanted to be portrayed and the perception in which black athletes are viewed.

Bobby Lashley explaining how the Hurt Business wanted to be portrayed:

“The one thing we wanted to do because of how the black athlete is portrayed, especially in the wrestling business, is sometimes we have to go out there and dance,” Lashley said. “Sometimes we have to go out there and be a thug.”

“I have a son, and a lot of kids try to emulate and look up to wrestlers. The one thing we wanted to show is who we really are. None of us are thugs. I got a college degree. I graduated with honors. I got a good head on my shoulders.”

“When we come into work, we look professional,” Lashley said. “We don’t come in with sweats and everything like that. What we were trying to do was show the black athlete in a different light, and I think people really liked it because the synergy of all of us is real.”

Basically with The Hurt Business, we were trying to show old school wrestling to this new school, you know, everything is PG, everything is cool moves and everything like that. We wanted to show hard hitting old school style wrestling. That’s where the Hurt came along. Where the Business came along was how we represent ourselves. We came out in suits. We came out clean. We make money. We make real good money as WWE performers, so we shouldn’t look like anything else but superstars. We wanted to show all that on TV and have a good look for us as black athletes.”

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Bobby Lashley stopped by the “Mack Mania” podcast this week to talk about how The Hurt Business wanted to be portrayed and the perception in which black athletes are viewed.

Bobby Lashley explaining how the Hurt Business wanted to be portrayed:

“The one thing we wanted to do because of how the black athlete is portrayed, especially in the wrestling business, is sometimes we have to go out there and dance,” Lashley said. “Sometimes we have to go out there and be a thug.”

“I have a son, and a lot of kids try to emulate and look up to wrestlers. The one thing we wanted to show is who we really are. None of us are thugs. I got a college degree. I graduated with honors. I got a good head on my shoulders.”

“When we come into work, we look professional,” Lashley said. “We don’t come in with sweats and everything like that. What we were trying to do was show the black athlete in a different light, and I think people really liked it because the synergy of all of us is real.”

Basically with The Hurt Business, we were trying to show old school wrestling to this new school, you know, everything is PG, everything is cool moves and everything like that. We wanted to show hard hitting old school style wrestling. That’s where the Hurt came along. Where the Business came along was how we represent ourselves. We came out in suits. We came out clean. We make money. We make real good money as WWE performers, so we shouldn’t look like anything else but superstars. We wanted to show all that on TV and have a good look for us as black athletes.”
They're one of my favorite stables ever, even short lived. Top 5 probably.

The nWo (outsiders + syxx edition)
The Dudley boys (full crew with sign guy, big dikk, dances with, etc)
The corporation w/rock
Hurt business
Hart foundation
NoD
Styles led bullet club