The Official HBCU Thread

Super Future Luther King Jr.

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
Why not? Are HBCUS not good enough in your eyes?

It’s a chance to be around your people. Other schools you’re just a number. These big white schools have classes with 200-300 students.

I’d like to actually communicate with my professor or be able to get help with something.

It’s a real family setting

Cheaper than big white schools.

Historic..just the thought that they were formed by former slaves to educate their people is empowering to me and I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else.

Yeah I don't know if that fakkit is doing a very poor attempt at "trolling" or just showing his true racist CAC/c00n/Mexican/etc colors

:scust::ufdup::pacspit:

@sicc2def

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
892a296ae1d7b71c9212e269f3e3483c--sonic-boom-band-nerd.jpg

Love The Boom

@Geoffrey_Chaucer :blessed:

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Why not? Are HBCUS not good enough in your eyes?

It’s a chance to be around your people. Other schools you’re just a number. These big white schools have classes with 200-300 students.

I’d like to actually communicate with my professor or be able to get help with something.

It’s a real family setting

Cheaper than big white schools.

Historic..just the thought that they were formed by former slaves to educate their people is empowering to me and I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else.
:stopitslime:
I can speak to my own people anytime in life. I understand the logic but they damn near the same price as UCR, UCSB, UCD. Education over socializing. I definitely get your point tho fam

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:stopitslime:
I can speak to my own people anytime in life. I understand the logic but they damn near the same price as UCR, UCSB, UCD. Education over socializing. I definitely get your point tho fam

You from Cali. You wouldn’t understand.
There are no HBCUs anywhere near Cali so you didn’t grow up around them & y’all dont have the chance to visit them often.

Cali is the “mixraced, lightskin is only attractive” capital of the country. You wouldn’t appreciate being around your people like that :yeshrug:

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
Just saying fam. Seems like most of the people in this thread speak more about the good times over education. And alot of drop outs here too:hubie:

That's not how you worded it tho "fam"

and you know it

And you can get a GREAT education at VARIOUS HBCU's so stop it

EDIT** - also socializing/networking are and been an integral part of the College experience so what u saying?

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
You from Cali. You wouldn’t understand.
There are no HBCUs anywhere near Cali so you didn’t grow up around them & y’all dont have the chance to visit them often.

Cali is the “mixraced, lightskin is only attractive” capital of the country. You wouldn’t appreciate being around your people like that :yeshrug:

Aww breh breh don't lump all us Cali boys in with this clown smh

I'm from the Bay but lived all over the South for almost 10 years

And I'm darkskin with Locs breh lmao

but I understand you had to go in on ol boy lol

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
dropped out in-between Junior and Senior year in HS (05 summer) and got my GED at 17 smh

:mjcry:

Never spent not one day in College in life, not even a JC or CC or trade school. I'm 29 currently

:snoop:

Yes I regret it, becuz obviously looking back, HS is the easiest shyt in the world to breeze thru and I would've loved the experience of going to an HBCU, but instead I skipped class like a religion and was more focused on fuccin shawtys, partying, and smoking :why:

when I KNEW I could've copped a full ride academic scholarship off the brain game, but hey, so instead, my dumbass ended up finessing a couple waivers thru the Army recruiter and ended up joining the Military :francis:

I met a shytload of homeboys who went to College thruout the years and almost all of them had mostly positive experiences. Some graduated, some didn't, but they all weren't slaving away in the Army for 5-6 years how I was/did, they didn't have to deploy and they actually had a free life/time outside of school lmao, and it overall benefitted their lives positively I think

:yeshrug:

Still tho, it's all gravy mane, l I turned out more than aight, just took the hard road as I so often did in my teens/early 20's, but shyt honestly paid off and worked for ME

I wouldn't advise it lol

Thank the universe my head on skraight nowadays :wow:

SALUTE to all my bruddas who did that shyt tho! knowledge is always key

:salute::myman:

She SHO ain't homecoming QUEEN material tho famo lol come on now

:dwillhuh:The Fucc?

@BmoreGorilla
:ld: It’s never too late.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Aww breh breh don't lump all us Cali boys in with this clown smh

I'm from the Bay but lived all over the South for almost 10 years

And I'm darkskin with Locs breh lmao

but I understand you had to go in on ol boy lol

The bay a different story tho y’all gave us the panthers.

I just don’t like the rest of cali

You Deserve It
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rose Town
:ld: It’s never too late.

I legit plan to go to school one day breh, word is bond

Kinda like a ball player going back to finish for Moms cuz he left school early for the league

I really plan on it

It's just right now, I have a wifey, a daughter, my own business, a co-owned business and am jam packed with LIFE lmao, no excuse, but I would love to gain a formal education

:wow: