The Official HBCU Thread

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That's aite but they ate the shyt out their trumpets. They gotta blend that a lil better but that's a quality arrangement.

Bruh, what happened to your Alma mater?! How AAMU catch yall in size! What's going on in Montgomery family?!

idk breh...I be trying to convince my band kids to go there, but they all like FAMU, JSU & NCAT :mjcry:

Honestly it’s time for new leadership..plus the emergence of Talladega has hurt our recruiting as well. We have a new guy on the staff at ASU who’s also a director at one of the high schools in Montgomery, so hopefully numbers will start to go up. He did a YouTube live video saying he’s about to go to California, Texas & Florida to recruit heavy. plus he’s from New Orleans, so hopefully we can get some of them at ASU.

As far as SU goes, you’re right about balance..their low brass been eating the upper brass for a few years now. the Boom, NCAT & Norfolk always seem to have perfect balance

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
idk breh...I be trying to convince my band kids to go there, but they all like FAMU, JSU & NCAT :mjcry:

Honestly it’s time for new leadership..plus the emergence of Talladega has hurt our recruiting as well. We have a new guy on the staff at ASU who’s also a director at one of the high schools in Montgomery, so hopefully numbers will start to go up. He did a YouTube live video saying he’s about to go to California, Texas & Florida to recruit heavy. plus he’s from New Orleans, so hopefully we can get some of them at ASU.

As far as SU goes, you’re right about balance..their low brass been eating the upper brass for a few years now. the Boom, NCAT & Norfolk always seem to have perfect balance
Man I hope yall can return to that aggressive style yall had. SWAC ain't the same without yall near the top. And you're right about recruitment. Yall been losing kids to dega, a&m, and miles childish ass too. Not to mention Stillman lil ass is a problem these days:whew:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Man I hope yall can return to that aggressive style yall had. SWAC ain't the same without yall near the top. And you're right about recruitment. Yall been losing kids to dega, a&m, and miles childish ass too. Not to mention Stillman lil ass is a problem these days:whew:

PJ (Stillman’s director) for the past few seasons is the new guy on our staff I was talking about. He graduated from ASU. Hopefully he can work his magic with us like he did with Stillman.

im bout to check out Thee Merge it premiered today.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Alcorn vs NCCU gon be so lit and I'm a be there :win:

they gonna be on First Take too :wow:

College Gameday coming to MEAC/SWAC challenge - HBCU Gameday

usatsi_9731485.jpg

“We all missed the traditions of college football and the festive atmosphere of Saturdays last season, so we are particularly excited to welcome fans back for College Gameday’s 35th season, starting with the first two road shows in Atlanta and Charlotte,” said Drew Gallagher, ESPN coordinating producer.

Marching bands from both North Carolina Central (The Marching Sound Machine) and Alcorn State (The Sounds of Dyn-O-Mite) will also be showcased during GameDay’s week 0 stop.

:ahh: