The Official "Hannibal" Season 3 Thread

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Phone

looked like he somehow shorted the call with a gum wrapper to get the operator to dial out for him but I really don't understand how that would even work...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Phone

looked like he somehow shorted the call with a gum wrapper to get the operator to dial out for him but I really don't understand how that would even work...

I'm gonna look into it, I'll get back to you guys.

Fred.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Phone

its been a minute since i seen it
but didnt he do something like this in Manhunter?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I don't remember.

I'm gonna have to give this show a gang of passes for this episode, which I'd normally not do, because the novel was written in 1981 and they're trying to adapt it for modern times. So a lot of shyt where I'd normally be like "where's the cameras?", "how did nobody see him?", etc. I'm just gonna over look for now.

Fred.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I don't remember.

I'm gonna have to give this show a gang of passes for this episode, which I'd normally not do, because the novel was written in 1981 and they're trying to adapt it for modern times. So a lot of shyt where I'd normally be like "where's the cameras?", "how did nobody see him?", etc. I'm just gonna over look for now.

Fred.
yeah, its crazy how long this been around
watchin ep 4 of Mr.Robot now tho :lolbron:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
It was different in Manhunter.

In Manhunter he used the wrapper to pulse/short the dial...

In yesterdays episode he unscrewed the phone and wrapped the gum wrapper around the mic...

Not 100% on the terminology I just used but here's the clip from Manhunter...

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Alright when y'all catch it on Saturday (or earlier) peep and see if you catch a glimpse of the Manhunter. I swear I saw the stocking over Francis' face briefly.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Alright when y'all catch it on Saturday (or earlier) peep and see if you catch a glimpse of the Manhunter. I swear I saw the stocking over Francis' face briefly.

They briefly showed it after him and Reba fukked, he had a gun that transitioned into a moon.

Fred.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Some info on the phone shyt

Pulse dialing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"
As pulse dialing is achieved by interruption of the local loop, it was in principle possible to dial a telephone number by rapidly tapping, i.e. depressing, the switch hook the corresponding number of times for each digit at approximately ten taps per second. However, many telephone makers implemented a slow switch hook release to prevent rapid switching.[citation needed]

In the United Kingdom, it used to be possible to make calls from coin-box phones (payphones) by tapping the switch hook without depositing coins. A person caught tapping could be charged with 'abstracting electricity' from the General Post Office and several cases were prosecuted under this offense.[citation needed]

In popular culture, tapping was used in the film Red Dragon as a way for prisoner Hannibal Lecter to dial out on a phone with no dialing mechanism. "

Phreaking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Some info on the phone shyt

Pulse dialing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"
As pulse dialing is achieved by interruption of the local loop, it was in principle possible to dial a telephone number by rapidly tapping, i.e. depressing, the switch hook the corresponding number of times for each digit at approximately ten taps per second. However, many telephone makers implemented a slow switch hook release to prevent rapid switching.[citation needed]

In the United Kingdom, it used to be possible to make calls from coin-box phones (payphones) by tapping the switch hook without depositing coins. A person caught tapping could be charged with 'abstracting electricity' from the General Post Office and several cases were prosecuted under this offense.[citation needed]

In popular culture, tapping was used in the film Red Dragon as a way for prisoner Hannibal Lecter to dial out on a phone with no dialing mechanism. "

Phreaking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the info but all this refers to what Hannibal did in "The Red Dragon" movie. The gum wrapper thing we seen in this episode was used in "Manhunter", and I didn't understand it then either.

Fred.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Thanks for the info but all this refers to what Hannibal did in "The Red Dragon" movie. The gum wrapper thing we seen in this episode was used in "Manhunter", and I didn't understand it then either.

Fred.
How many episodes left?

Hannibal had me weak with his accent on the phone. "Just go to G and ill be outta your hair darling" :heh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How many episodes left?

Hannibal had me weak with his accent on the phone. "Just go to G and ill be outta your hair darling" :heh:

Three:

11. "And The Beast From The Sea...."
12. "The Number Of The Beast Is 666"
13. "The Wrath Of The Lamb"

Fred.