The Official "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
That’s fair and I have to ask.

with 365 days in a year. How many times do yall watch CBMs? And are you watching some of the same movie’s multiple times?

Not trynna be confrontational or start anything. When I hear that I just be legit fascinated by this cliche.

Thousand’s of movies drop every year & between Marvel/Sony/DC be like 5-9 CMB movies.

But there be hundreds of horror, comedy, thriller, spy, or etc type movies and a no one ever say they fatigued, niccas be having the stamina of an Olympic swimmer :russ:
With it being certified fresh and the countless “Best since Endgame” echoes, most folks are gonna succumb to the FOMO anyways. That hallway fight scene alone was well worth the price of a ticket to catch on the big screen.

I see the MCU been bigging up Beastie Boys lately and I’m loving it. :ehh:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Had a couple of days to do some more reflection on not only this movie, but the trilogy itself. I think each one got better and better. The characters really evolved over time which made watching this movies that much more fun.

I liked how the “side characters” became the main characters in GOTG 3. This really made me see Rocket and Drax in a whole new light…hmm…definitely have to put some respect on their names, no, the whole damn team!

Side Note: I wonder if Star-Lord will become an Avenger…Actually, I could see him leading the new team as his resume stacks up pretty well

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Probably one of the saddest movies I've ever seen. That shyt was sad as fukk man :mjcry: I'll probably never watch it again, but it was a good movie.
What better way to set the mood of this emotional rollercoaster than starting it off with one of the most somber rock bands ever in Radiohead.

FYmiaR8aMAcF9U5.jpg

Knowing this was the Gang’s last chapter is one thing, but the animal cruelty in Rocket’s backstory made the film way more of a heavy watch. I’ll still watch again, but damn that shyt was triggering. The Thing is one of my favorite films ever and even that has a hard to stomach sequence involving dogs.

So glad they went this route though. I don’t know how Gunn did it, but he managed to wrap up all of the character arcs in a way that didn’t feel disjointed by the end. Vol. 3 as a whole did a better job of balancing those dark and wholesome moments better than any Phase 4 entry save for maybe No Way Home. Hope to see more of this in 5.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Chukwudi's performance >>>>> Jonathan's

100%
Kang is such an afterthought now, it’s crazy. I hear the intergalactic streets refer to him now as He Who Lawst to Ants. :huhldup:

Majors’ portrayal is still the best thing about that movie. I think he could’ve made the character out to be something more in Ant-Man if it wasn’t for Peyton Reed’s vanilla style of directing and Loveness bogging his character down on the script. Just a bad effort all around on the storytelling front. High Evolutionary presented himself better as an Avengers-level threat here.

shyt, at times I even found a premature Adam Warlock who hatched early to still be more intimidating than the supposed big bad of the MCU. That was with…minimal screentime too.

He kinda had that Homelander thing going on where he clearly wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, but I also had to snap back and remember he could vaporize any poor soul at the drop of a hat.

Last edited: