Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Best CGI since Endgame
Probably best plot since Infinity War
Its a standalone movie which is fine but nothing related to Kang or multiverse, etc.
Not sure why the new Guardians will really need to show up again other than just because we know Rocket and Groot.
I like how they just bought Gamora back without too much fanfare. No drawn out we got to find Gamora plot.
Cosmo is just a part of the team with no explanation
High Evolutionary seemed to have a Kang suit. Seems like he had the same power suit that Kang had in Antman. Was all his powers from the suit?
Adam Warlock was kinda of pointless IMO.
Surprised that Gunn didn't kill any of the OGs, they all survived
Gunn is going to make sure his Wife, brother and Nathan Fillion are going to cash these checks:mjlol:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Just got back. 8/10
-Rocket's backstory
giphy.gif

-Adam Warlock was kind of pointless
-Nebula tryna open that car door :dead:
-that hallway fight scene was fire!
-Phyla-Vell :leon:...i wonder if she'll be in the Marvels :patrice:
-High Evolutionary was a decent villain.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Y’all…

PLEASE tell me I wasn’t the only one who thought Mantis was about to get swallowed whole by that big ass creature in the final act. :mjlol:

shyt had me near biting my nails until I remembered this ain’t Suicide Squad. Movie was an absolute joy to watch by the way. Posting full thoughts later.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This really felt like the end of an era, man. Not just for the Guardians, but the landscape of the MCU as well. Marvel Studios could’ve been kicking ass before Vol. 3 came along and the loss of James Gunn would still be huge. He did his guys so damn good in this trilogy. Nobody really gave a fukk about the Guardians like that until he came along and made them a hit.

This is my favorite MCU flick period. When the action comes through, it POPS. Rocket’s backstory was something they’ve been building towards since the first volume, so it’s great to see it finally come to fruition and his troubles definitely tugs on those heartstrings here. I can’t believe some of the complaints was that the story was “too dark”, because Gunn still managed to wrap things back around in a way where I was feeling joyous by the end. When it comes to depressing ass stories, nobody has had it rougher than Peter Parker at the end of NWH. :mjcry:

Really liked Poulter as Adam Warlock. Movie sprinkled in his addition to where I’m wanting to see more of him in the future and as much as I wanted more screentime, can understand that this is the Guardians’ story mainly. He’s sitting right there along with Namor as badass characters I can’t wait to see get in their bag later on.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Some people might think this question is a minor spoiler so
I’m pretty sure that was 1st F-bomb dropped in any Marvel flick right? Definitely caught me by surprise
Yup, first in the MCU. They finally put that PG-13 rating to max usage. :lolbron:

I know it’s just a swear word at the end of the day but it’s dope Marvel gave Gunn the honor to be the first to do it in his send-off.

rock-clapping.gif

Deadpool probably throwing a fit right now. Fully expecting 50 F-bombs by him next year. :mjlol:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Question about the future…

I know this was the last hurrah for that GOTG team as a unit + James Gunn but at the end it only said Star Lord will return. Are the other characters all getting retired?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Question about the future…

I know this was the last hurrah for that GOTG team as a unit + James Gunn but at the end it only said Star Lord will return. Are the other characters all getting retired?
I can’t see Marvel Studios retiring the Guardians line. They’re just too huge. Wouldn’t surprise me if this new iteration makes recurring appearances in future projects, and hopefully they’re executed better than what Love & Thunder attempted. Gotta keep them Rocket/Groot merch sales pumping somehow. :pachaha: