The Official Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread (SPOILERS)

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
this thread was started in 2012 fam....2012

kDYlYAg.gif

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
you can literally go back and see the deep planning and movie styled ideas that posters had for gta online :wow:

when the actual shyt dropped tho :francis:
This one of the best games of all time. Still being heavily played. What's wrong with it? It delivered and more. Shyt is like several games in one. If you can't enjoy GTAV you have 2 problems

1. No imagination
2. Don't have a good squad to run with.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
This one of the best games of all time. Still being heavily played. What's wrong with it? It delivered and more. Shyt is like several games in one. If you can't enjoy GTAV you have 2 problems

1. No imagination
Like I said. You can see the letdown. People was envisioning all sorts of scenarios. Robbing banks together. Sliding over to the crib to clip up and then running down armored cars. All sorts of nonsense.

It wasn't that. I didn't say people don't like it. But there's definitely a lot of people who never planned on a shark card, grind for months to get one car, no custom heists or free roam heists, type of online game

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Like I said. You can see the letdown. People was envisioning all sorts of scenarios. Robbing banks together. Sliding over to the crib to clip up and then running down armored cars. All sorts of nonsense.

It wasn't that. I didn't say people don't like it. But there's definitely a lot of people who never planned on a shark card, grind for months to get one car, no custom heists or free roam heists, type of online game

Exactly shyt fell way short...:francis: it was decent but nowhere near the expectations it set out when they showed the trailers...

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

1. No imagination
My friends moved onto other games, as did I with them but I could still come back and enjoy it by myself in free time etc...my main problem and the reason I stopped playing was the ridiculous price tags they slapped on everything, it's not hard to make money on this game, but the amount they want for some of the new updates is retarded, I think my post is probably like a few pages back.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah found my original post, was just after the office/empire update dropped that I just said fukk it lol

So iv been playing this update a little since it came out and I really think my time playing this game is over, main reason being that I just can't keep up with the prices and cost of things and I simply don't have the time with friends a job and a girlfriend to grind for hours and hours, and I refuse to spend real money on fake game money no matter how much I can afford it...plus it feels better when you earn it.

Iv played this game on and off (usually taking a couple months off at at a time) since it came out nearly 3 years ago, I'm not a hardcore player of the game as in I play it every day, Sometimes not playing it for weeks but I'd say I'm more than just a casual gamer since my stats say I've played it for more than 20 days lol, but this update destroyed my cash, I'd saved 6m since the yacht update (which I also had to grind like fukk to afford even after the heists) till now and that disappeared buying an office and warehouse, that you fill up by doing generic diet contact missions, where you risk being blown up every 2 minutes because everyone has a jet..just to sell on in another mission where you're forced to use bullshyt vehicles that are only a lil bit more bearable once you upgrade them, which of course costs hundreds of thousands lol...it's all too much for very little fun in return.

All of the things added in the heist update was overwhelming as hell too but at least you payed for them by doing the heists, which were actually well thought out and fun as fukk with a few friends. I love this game but All my real life friends left this game a long time ago and I just have no ambition to play this anymore.
So long GTA it's been fun :salute: I'll go back to giving rockstar their props when RDR2 or GTA6 roll around.

Admittedly the multi story car park apartment update and the bunker/security update look dope but there's no way I could ever put the hours in to ever get near to buying those legit.

All Star
Daps
I saw a custom race on IG where checkpoints changed the vehicles from planes, to bikes, to cars.

Anyone know where I can find this on PC or XB1?

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
I played online everyday for 2 years. Had hella fun. But i like others was not willing to keep up with the grind for more expensive shyt.

I refuse to buy shark cards. You basically have to do that or play 3-4 hours minimum grinding missions to afford the new toys. I just dont have the time.

Had some of the best times on Gta online tho. Took so many L's in the beginning omg:wow:

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Damn! Ever since I started my job months ago, I havent had time to play gta v online x.x

That and I need new headphones.