The Official Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread (SPOILERS)

Ralph Wiggum

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I have a friend who has really bad anxiety problems, he has a pill that pretty much knocks you out for a few days. I'm not saying this just to get daps, but im dead serious. im probably gonna get a few off him just to make these 9 days go by fast :ohhh:

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I have a friend who has really bad anxiety problems, he has a pill that pretty much knocks you out for a few days. I'm not saying this just to get daps, but im dead serious. im probably gonna get a few off him just to make these 9 days go by fast :ohhh:
:childplease:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: I've been checking this thread and some on Neogaf damn near all day for anything remotely considered news. :snoop:
I need this shyt now :noah:

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
No wonder they had an info drought for like a year

nikkas woulda committed that being teased for over a year

Daps
Reppin
St louis
pre ordered today....be here on the 17th.
b5qsmv.jpg

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell

this is the most expensive game ever. its only behind pirates of the caribbean in most expensive movies list :damn: :damn:

r* was not fukking around :whew:

Nah rock stars listed budget for GTA V includes marketing which usually costs a shytload

So you can't really compare it to movie budgets which don't include marketing

But for a single video game yeah it's crazy

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
Nah rock stars listed budget for GTA V includes marketing which usually costs a shytload

So you can't really compare it to movie budgets which don't include marketing

But for a single video game yeah it's crazy

how much could marketing possibly be? its mostly those big posters and one commerical. couldn't be more than 20 million? :ld:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean yeah it's a big amount but its not that surprising, like I said earlier rockstar always pushes the envelope.

They're swimming in cash from having nothing but successful blockbuster titles this gen, they pretty much had a blank check for GTA V budget and they chose to do the most with it
THIS^^^.

the truth is think about it from the original GTA all the way to vice city. stop right there. they didnt even spend that much on those games. until they got to vice city. remember how the graphics were always outdated for gta games. but no one cared caused the game play was ultra pifftastic. they blew a lot of cash on the first Gta SA. but even then the graphics were old in comparison to games out at the time . again that tells me they didnt spend as much as they could have and they still sold ridiculous units and made tons of doe. then this last one came out. first time they had legit graphics in a GTA game. still made money on it. tons of cash. they just blew this one out of the water with all thats going into it. but why not. they got so much doe to blow its not even funny. this is what happens when you let top level developers go in without a leash(no budget and no deadline.)

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
how much could marketing possibly be? its mostly those big posters and one commerical. couldn't be more than 20 million? :ld:
It's usually about the same as what it cost to make. I've read that COD's marketing cost is more than double of what the dev cost is. I think MW2 cost about 40-50 to make while the whole budget including marketing was around 200.