The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I wouldn't sleep on Ferrari for too long, they might be able to salvage that car next season. Sainz and LeClerc can drive. I was surprised to see LeClerc up at P5 today.

It'll be interesting behind Mercedes for sure. :lolbron:

Side note: Now that I'm done with football for the forseeable future I'm finally back home where I was as a kid and teenage years, F1. :wow:
Ferrari looks like they have too many problems. Engine, aerodynamics, strategy, even with Vettel out of the way I don't see them being better than McLaren and Racing Point.

They better hope Perez doesn't end up at Alpha Tauri because they might even give them a run for their money.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Ferrari looks like they have too many problems. Engine, aerodynamics, strategy, even with Vettel out of the way I don't see them being better than McLaren and Racing Point.

They better hope Perez doesn't end up at Alpha Tauri because they might even give them a run for their money.
There are reports of Horner engaging with Perez about joining RBR.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
There are reports of Horner engaging with Perez about joining RBR.
He's already giving up on Albon? :picard:

F1 teams are more reactionary than the coli posters.

Gasly wins only because of two safety cars, red flag, Hamilton penalty and Max retirement but everybody goes :krs: like he's the next champion. Only for him to qualify 16th for the next race :heh:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's already giving up on Albon? :picard:

F1 teams are more reactionary than the coli posters.

Gasly wins only because of two safety cars, red flag, Hamilton penalty and Max retirement but everybody goes :krs: like he's the next champion. Only for him to qualify 16th for the next race :heh:
Red bull is more reactionary than most. You don't get too long to prove yourself before you get thrown away.

Folks forget last year Gasly was awful in the Red Bull and Albon was impressive in the Alpha Tauri.

At this stage I think it's less about the driver, and more about a car designed to maximise Max's strengths.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Soon time for the Tuscan Grand Prix at the Mugello circuit.

image.png

The circuit will present an interesting challenge with its fast flowing corners and long straight.

Despite leading all the practice sessions, Bottas was pipped to the pole by Hamilton, who admitted that he struggled to get up to speed with the demands of the circuit. Behind them will be Max Verstappen and Alex Albon , who will be looking to get the jump on Mercedes at the start or stay close enough in sector three to use DRS, which is supposed to be fairly powerful on this track.

Add to that heat and tyre degradation possibly leading to a two stopper, not to mention very little separating the midfield, and we have all the ingredients of a good race.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Red bull is more reactionary than most. You don't get too long to prove yourself before you get thrown away.

Folks forget last year Gasly was awful in the Red Bull and Albon was impressive in the Alpha Tauri.

At this stage I think it's less about the driver, and more about a car designed to maximise Max's strengths.
They ain't ready to have that conversation though. Max had a flash of brilliance in his first race for RBR, and pretty much from that point forward Horner and Marko started tailoring the team and car to him to try and replicate the Vettel success. They tried the same thing with Kvyat but he wasn't as fast as quickly - too young in my opinion - and when they dropped him I think it killed his confidence. So now, Albon, Gasly, Kvyat, Perez (if the rumors are true), Tsunoda (if they bring him up) all have to contend with a car that's been developed at Max's behest.