The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
You can tell from the clip alone that the throttle application was too heavy, especially for that tight and low speed turn.

Top comment:
He said he tried to anticipate the corner and get early on the throttle in the post-quali press conference, because T8 was one of his worst corners, trying to chase the gap. But he didn't warm up his tires properly on the outlap, had no grip in rear tires and lost it. Also mentioned he was close to crash in T1, just wasn't his lap at all lol.

Drama is peak :mjgrin:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can tell from the clip alone that the throttle application was too heavy, especially for that tight and low speed turn.

Top comment:

Drama is peak :mjgrin:

How petty do you have to be though, having already won the championship, to risk team morale over THIS????

Man...I hope that Perez has some papers showing where the Red Bull overspend REALLY went. That would be fitting.

Reflected

Daps
How petty do you have to be though, having already won the championship, to risk team morale over THIS????

Man...I hope that Perez has some papers showing where the Red Bull overspend REALLY went. That would be fitting.

I would honestly expect that level of pettiness from any F1 champion, and in truth, I wouldn't even fault Max. But I swear this was some backpocket shyt to check Perez if needed. If the meeting was as clear as Max is making it out to be, why was there any confusion on the track? I guess that would alleviate Max, because it should have been as clear as he made it seem, and obviously Perez would know that was the reason so why would complain? Things aren't adding up right now, of course, we are without a lot of info. And the crash thing is just a rumour right now, I will say, at that turn, that was a very heavy application, I would make that mistake and have made that mistake many times at that specific turn in sims, F1 racers though...

But yeah, it's petty as fukk if true, and most likely not a good look at all, especially if this impacts the standings, par for the course for Red Bull though.

calh45

Cal
Daps
We can keep crashing then. There is a reason the only person who respects Max is Fernando.
It's quite literally because they both get off on trying to force Lewis to wreck. Max never drives this insane against Charles. It's only really Lewis. He wasn't this kamikaze against Russell yesterday in the sprint. He knew Lewis in an undamaged car was gonna cook Russell.

Someone in here earlier said Lewis was an aggressive driver and he's not. He only started getting more firm against Max last year when he got tired of being the one who yielded. Lewis whole history is about not putting the car in a position to get damaged and not crashing out ever so he can collect points.

You can at least respect Alonso a little bit for being a shythead to every driver he races with, but Max has become a bit of a monster with the enabling from Horner/Helmut plus the FIA giving him passes so they could have a title race last year.

Reflected

Daps
It's quite literally because they both get off on trying to force Lewis to wreck. Max never drives this insane against Charles. It's only really Lewis. He wasn't this kamikaze against Russell yesterday in the sprint. He knew Lewis in an undamaged car was gonna cook Russell.

Someone in here earlier said Lewis was an aggressive driver and he's not. He only started getting more firm against Max last year when he got tired of being the one who yielded. Lewis whole history is about not putting the car in a position to get damaged and not crashing out ever so he can collect points.

You can at least respect Alonso a little bit for being a shythead to every driver he races with, but Max has become a bit of a monster with the enabling from Horner/Helmut plus the FIA giving him passes so they could have a title race last year.
Bro, Lewis is definitely an aggressive driver, he will admit that himself and has admitted it, he just isn't as aggressive as Max and they are on equal terms, regarding skill, imo. If you have the faster car and you are the faster driver, with DRS, there is no need to be hyper aggressive, you will undoubtedly get them on the straights, it's just the nature of the sport.

But I should note, when I say "aggressive" it doesn't mean putting someone in the wall, Max will put you in the wall, Hamilton isn't going to do that, but don't expect Hamilton to be extra considerate of where you are on the track, he isn't going to compromise a victory to ensure every interaction with another driver is clean. Honestly what made the most difference last year, besides the jump RB had on Merc, was Lewis not being as aggressive as Max, letting Max bully him, it wasn't until later in the season that Lewis realized what needed to be done and started working up to Max's energy but with a bit of caution. Reality is, you can never really match Max unless you are willing to end your race, and yeah, Hamilton isn't that aggressive.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Bro, Lewis is definitely an aggressive driver, he will admit that himself and has admitted it, he just isn't as aggressive as Max and they are on equal terms, regarding skill, imo. If you have the faster car and you are the faster driver, with DRS, there is no need to be hyper aggressive, you will undoubtedly get them on the straights, it's just the nature of the sport.

But I should note, when I say "aggressive" it doesn't mean putting someone in the wall, Max will put you in the wall, Hamilton isn't going to do that, but don't expect Hamilton to be extra considerate of where you are on the track, he isn't going to compromise a victory to ensure every interaction with another driver is clean. Honestly what made the most difference last year, besides the jump RB had on Merc, was Lewis not being as aggressive as Max, letting Max bully him, it wasn't until later in the season that Lewis realized what needed to be done and started working up to Max's energy but with a bit of caution. Reality is, you can never really match Max unless you are willing to end your race, and yeah, Hamilton isn't that aggressive.
Lewis would not admit he's an aggressive driver. His first season he lost the championship by 1 point because of an accident and teammate fighting.

This interview has been his attitude with racing other drivers since his rookie year. He tries to win, but he does not drive aggressively towards other drivers. Rosberg hit him. Vettel came at him. Max kept coming at him until he stopped yielding. More often than not he'll cede a position to someone driving aggressively and attempt safer passes later in the race. He's literally admitted to doing this in interviews before.....on top of that he was in a situation last season where he gave a spot back to Bottas in the middle of the title fight. He doesn't get his elbows out. He doesn't weave down straights. Even in his fights with Nico, Nico admitted to basically to driving how Max drove last year where it's a crash if Lewis doesn't yield. That's literally his driving weakness if you're battling him. He never wants to put the car in danger. That's how Alonso was able to block him last year in Hungary. He kept putting the Alpine in a place that Lewis had to dive bomb to pass him. His driving style is a reaction to the people he's racing against, but he's a very patient driver.

Reflected

Daps
Lewis would not admit he's an aggressive driver. His first season he lost the championship by 1 point because of an accident and teammate fighting.

This interview has been his attitude with racing other drivers since his rookie year. He tries to win, but he does not drive aggressively towards other drivers. Rosberg hit him. Vettel came at him. Max kept coming at him until he stopped yielding. More often than not he'll cede a position to someone driving aggressively and attempt safer passes later in the race. He's literally admitted to doing this in interviews before.....on top of that he was in a situation last season where he gave a spot back to Bottas in the middle of the title fight. He doesn't get his elbows out. He doesn't weave down straights. Even in his fights with Nico, Nico admitted to basically to driving how Max drove last year where it's a crash if Lewis doesn't yield. That's literally his driving weakness if you're battling him. He never wants to put the car in danger. That's how Alonso was able to block him last year in Hungary. He kept putting the Alpine in a place that Lewis had to dive bomb to pass him. His driving style is a reaction to the people he's racing against, but he's a very patient driver.

Hamilton is definitely an aggressive driver, bro. We are clearly working with different definitions of aggressive driving. I'm saying, you can't even compete at that level if you aren't aggressive, you definitely aren't going to be champion. It's hard to be aggressive when you are not only the fastest driver on the grid but you also have the fastest vehicle, you are just in clean air most of the time, Hamilton even notes that in the quote. Aggression is really recognized when things are equalized, that's when you can easily discern who is aggressive and who isn't. I can't sit here and say Hamilton isn't aggressive, that wouldn't be honest, imo, the only way he isn't aggressive is if we are simply working with a different meaning for the word, which I think we clearly are.

Just to be clear, Lewis is not as aggressive as Schumacher, Verstappen, or Senna, not even close.

Reflected

Daps
Something I didn't even think about:

It's not only that Max ignored team orders but that he took advantage of team orders to pass Perez while knowing the whole time he wouldn't be swapping back. Disgraceful.

:mjlol:Actually played the hell out of the team with that move.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
And if Perez did crash deliberately, what does it say about a team that would put itself at risk to protect one person?
If???
I don’t understand the hand-ringing and pearl clutching. After last year why is anyone surprise by this foolishness. This team is zero sum, win or burn errythang…