The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I saw someone suggest on Reddit that they don't want to announce anything before or during a weekend where Verstappen/Red Bull can lock up a title. I thought it was a little tin foil hattish, but it's starting to not look so crazy. :dead:
I can see it :skip: . I also expect there to be a breach with a pinky swear not to do it again.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Does Red Bull have that type of pull where fhey can influence the FIA?
Nah. The FIA is just all about appearances. They'd snuff they mommas if it meant keeping something bad out of the light.

I think the FIA needs to dock them 200 team points since the money is really decided by the team championship. No other team would dare breach the cap again, but if it's just a fine then Ferrari and Merc are gonna go ham during the off season. They way more willing to launch money at F1 than RBR is. For Red Bull this racing team is a marketing expense.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Does Red Bull have that type of pull where fhey can influence the FIA?
Ordinarily I would say no, but the integrity and credibility of the FIA has been slipping away for a little while now. Abu Dhabi and Brazil showed how they can be pressured in some situations. The Ferrari engine saga showed that they'll make closed door deals to avoid admitting they've been played. They already let teams swing their dikk around and virtually block Andretti from buying in.

At this point I need WEC to keep hold of manufacturers so I can watch teams actually go at it again. F1 is too much about the drama now.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Well, since we'll be waiting until after the weekend for news, probably should focus on Suzuka.

Mercedes should be in the hunt on tire management alone. No reason Hamilton can't get a podium here. Red Bull going to turn the engines up because its a home race and it could be champion clinching race. I don't expect Max to lose.

EDIT: Forgot that Ferrari is bringing a new floor upgrade...we'll see if they recover their pace and tire management from before Hungary.

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
They were using new inters because they barely ran in FP1. Red Bull and Ferrari were saving tires in FP2.
I think they wanted to scrub all their inters this time around - at least for Lewis. They sent him out on a set, did an outlap/inlap, then got back on an earlier set.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Imagine the fukkery of a double Red Bull Honda DNF due to reliability tomorrow :wow: . Double the fukkery when Tsunoda botches an overtake into T1 and skids right into the barrier :wow: .

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps

This is the guy who started the sequence of events at the Abu Dhabi screw job.

Hate is a strong word, which I despise using, but when it comes to him it's the only one that comes to mind.

He has to be the worst driver of all time. How are you in 21st place as a regular driver

Can't wait for 2023 when this bum won't be on the grid:pacspit: