The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Still in the immediacy of this- it somehow feels shyttier than Abu Dahbi. With the car possibly not being much better next year due to PU freezes, do you all think Lewis will stick around much longer?

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Still in the immediacy of this- it somehow feels shyttier than Abu Dahbi. With the car possibly not being much better next year due to PU freezes, do you all think Lewis will stick around much longer?
Itā€™s frustrating because Merc is low key sabotaging Lewis. First they stop development of the 2021 car halfway through the season to focus on ā€œthis yearā€™sā€ car. That development could have pushed the gap to where AD isnā€™t even a possibility. Especially when you see how strong the car was just from them focusing on car setup from that moment forward. Now we get to this season. Car is doo doo butter. They bring in Russell. And look. Russell is a very good driver. But every ounce of data shows that even with the experiments, Lewis is the faster qualifier and has him beat on race pace. The points tell a different story, because at least three times this season Iā€™ve seen Merc allow Russell strategies that donā€™t benefit the team result in any way, and only help Russellā€” despite Lewis being the faster/better driver on race day. And even though I know the noise from Lewis detractors is just thatā€”itā€™s annoying as fukk. Iā€™d prefer them silent and bitter.

Last edited:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
RBR are going to have the advantage for the foreseeable future if Merc and Ferrari are going to be this obtuse. RB have a strong (as of now the fastest) car, and are fully behind their star driver. Merc and Ferrari are wasting time trying to win the parity awards or whatever the fukk you want to call it. But last I checked all the evidence shows you only lose points that way, you donā€™t gain them. Perez has been forgettable, yet RB leads the constructors even with four DNFs on Max. WTF.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Frankly to treat a 7 time world champ this way is remarkable. Completely disrespectful to him and his fans. If Ferrari give Binotti the Russian oligarch treatment and somebody halfway competent is brought in, Iā€™d go all in at Marinello if Iā€™m Lewis. Guns blazing!

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Frankly to treat a 7 time world champ this way is remarkable. Completely disrespectful to him and his fans. If Ferrari give Binotti the Russian oligarch treatment and somebody halfway competent is brought in, Iā€™d go all in at Marinello if Iā€™m Lewis. Guns blazing!
Ferrari's problems are systemic. Getting rid of the person at the top doesn't fix it. To start, they need to get rid of the "don't criticize Ferrari" culture. I get not admonishing in public, but people need to start understanding the gravity of their fukk ups. Until the culture changes, I wouldn't want to drive for them with title aspirations.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Ferrari's problems are systemic. Getting rid of the person at the top doesn't fix it. To start, they need to get rid of the "don't criticize Ferrari" culture. I get not admonishing in public, but people need to start understanding the gravity of their fukk ups. Until the culture changes, I wouldn't want to drive for them with title aspirations.
Weirdly. They need someone with Lewis' stature to start calling shyt out at Ferrari for anything to get addressed.

Leclerc has been steaming left and right this year and Binotto still ain't making changes. They just started asking the drivers for strategy instead.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
All good points. Sometimes the driver can be the biggest catalyst.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
So he'd replace Sainz? That would be an interesting way for Lewis to round out his career. Sometimes you can stay in a place too long.

Daps
Reppin
MD
damn if you do damned if you don't. Max was going catch Lewis if George pitted or not. Mercedes drop the ball on this year development.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
damn if you do damned if you don't. Max was going catch Lewis if George pitted or not. Mercedes drop the ball on this year development.
they wanted george to stay out so he could block for Lewis. in hindsight, yes merc should've boxed them both but that AlphaTauri nonsense still looks extremely sus

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

Once Tsunoda bowed out the result of the race was certain: Max was gonna win. But Mercedes should've done more to ensure both Lewis and George got on the podium.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:laff:

Meanwhile Leclerc fans saying he should go to Mercedes.

Yall too much. :russ:

We gotta stop the fan fiction. Lewis isn't going anywhere. Strategy fukkups happen.

Side note: Being a 7x champ doesn't guarantee you anything. Ferrari pretty much told Schumacher to kick rocks and he was still at top form in 2006.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
:laff:

Meanwhile Leclerc fans saying he should go to Mercedes.

Yall too much. :russ:

We gotta stop the fan fiction. Lewis isn't going anywhere. Strategy fukkups happen.

Side note: Being a 7x champ doesn't guarantee you anything. Ferrari pretty much told Schumacher to kick rocks and he was still at top form in 2006.
They ultimately pushed out the trifecta of Brawn, Todt, and Schumacher because the felt the team was betraying its Italian roots. The lack of diversity in Ferrari has been their Achilles' heel for a while.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They ultimately pushed out the trifecta of Brawn, Todt, and Schumacher because the felt the team was betraying its Italian roots. The lack of diversity in Ferrari has been their Achilles' heel for a while.
I think that's overstated.

Binotto isn't even Italian, he's Swiss. Sainz is Spanish, Leclerc is Monagasque. The chief vehicle engineer is French. Mekies, the race director, is French. Head of strategy is Spanish. Ravin Jain, the race strategist, is from the UK. Leclerc's race engineer is Spanish. They've got guys from everywhere all over that team.

James Allison and Pat Fry were head designers within the past decade too.