The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yesterday they were near matching Red Bull though S1 and to a lesser extent S3, just losing it in the middle. Just going to have to bank on race pace :francis:
Race pace not helping with being a second down.

Merc thought they had a concept, but if they can't bring the performance out of the car, they need to make hard decisions. This is just wasting the effort of the drivers.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Race pace not helping with being a second down.

Merc thought they had a concept, but if they can't bring the performance out of the car, they need to make hard decisions. This is just wasting the effort of the drivers.
Maybe not in qualifying but if the deficit isn't that bad during the race then at least there's a chance. I'm sure if they're going to change concepts then it's underway for next year's car. Nothing can be done until then.

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This bozo TAA. Of course he does something once I take him out of my FPL team. :snoop:

Edit: Wrong thread:skip:

Last edited:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Verstappen won't even tow Perez. Pure douchebaggery
He wants that PP stat, the tow would have threatened that.

Yet another rough lap from Lewis, wheel spin turn 1, snap oversteer in those turns that start S3. Dunno why McLaren didn't send Lando out, he should have been 3rd on the grid tomorrow.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He wants that PP stat, the tow would have threatened that.

Yet another rough lap from Lewis, wheel spin turn 1, snap oversteer in those turns that start S3. Dunno why McLaren didn't send Lando out, he should have been 3rd on the grid tomorrow.
Think Lando has penalties

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Think Lando has penalties
Gotcha. Well I guess the strategy is hope Sainz wipes out Perez and then pass the Alpines down the Kemmel Straight :manny: . Lewis definitely didn't expect a 1.8 second gap to Verstappen though :francis:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Gotcha. Well I guess the strategy is hope Sainz wipes out Perez and then pass the Alpines down the Kemmel Straight :manny: . Lewis definitely didn't expect a 1.8 second gap to Verstappen though :francis:
Mercedes has had trouble at high speed tracks all season but yeah, 1.8 is dumb. Toto said this was the worst qualifying Mercedes has ever had.

RB on a different level of efficiency. They were fast everywhere. Had elite speed and could still run with Ferrari in S2. Sainz' lap was 100% and they weren't close. :sadcam:

I know yall wanted to argue about Verstappen being generational but I don't think even the biggest hater can deny that now. He's got that prime Schumacher/Hamilton confidence now.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Something something fastest car, something no competition, something weak teammate.
Beat me to it. Max has driven well (with no pressure). Hasn't made many major mistakes. But he hasn't done anything particularly memorable this season. He drove much harder last season. RBR with Max is the most complete package on the grid. Ferrari is incompetent and Perez is contractually there to leave a mint on the pillow. Mercedes are fools. Just think. They stopped developing early in 2021 just to come with this shyt. Lewis must be disgusted internally.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Toto
“I mean, if we would understand, we could tune it,” he said. “But the car is draggy in a straight line. Lewis said it was like dragging a parachute behind him.
“It is unstable on the rear. It understeers through [Turns] eight and nine. It bounces through the high-speed and gives no confidence.
“I mean, there is not a positive that I heard about how the car performs here this weekend and throughout the weekend. So I think now it's time to consolidate and decide what to do next year.”

Also Marko with another one