The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Alpine must of thought they had him locked in a clause.

Seems like the Mclaren rumours are true :lolbron:

polokuo

all the above
Daps
Reppin
832 and 310
My guess is Alpine can control who Oscar races for in 2023, but they cannot actually control whether he races - so he can opt to sit out. Alpine assumed that Oscar would always choose to race in F1 as opposed to not racing at all, but didn't count on some backchanneling with McLaren. I bet McLaren told Oscar that if he sits out 2023, D Ric's seat will be his in 2024.

Alpine probably realized too late that loophole in the contract existed and rushed a middle of the night announcement to catch Piastri/Webber off guard and try and use public pressure to quash the negotiations, but it didn't work.

Will be interested to see how it all plays out....

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Bruh.
Alonso is an agent of chaos. It never fails. :russ:

But really, this is on Alpine. Dumbasses offered Piastri as a reserve driver to McLaren and he ended up really entering negotiation with them. Then only wanted to give Alonso a one year deal and signed Ocon out to 2024.

Ricciardo might be back at Alpine at this rate.
Clusterfukk. Absolutely embarrassing.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My guess is Alpine can control who Oscar races for in 2023, but they cannot actually control whether he races - so he can opt to sit out. Alpine assumed that Oscar would always choose to race in F1 as opposed to not racing at all, but didn't count on some backchanneling with McLaren. I bet McLaren told Oscar that if he sits out 2023, D Ric's seat will be his in 2024.

Alpine probably realized too late that loophole in the contract existed and rushed a middle of the night announcement to catch Piastri/Webber off guard and try and use public pressure to quash the negotiations, but it didn't work.

Will be interested to see how it all plays out....
Oscar seems to have the leverage in this situation. Interesting that he chose Mclaren...but I suppose you can beat the company car!!!!

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This morning Otmar said he couldn't get ahold of Alonso because he was on a Greek island, then he posts this on IG. He's chillin in his hometown in Spain.:laff:

FZLeLeOXEAU38Xi

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Piastri better hope Alpine doesn't get petty otherwise he played himself. If Alpine passes on Ricciardo (which they should) he will definitely pick up his option for the extra year at McLaren which leaves Piastri with nowhere to go.

Also how is going to McLaren an upgrade over Alpine?

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Piastri better hope Alpine doesn't get petty otherwise he played himself. If Alpine passes on Ricciardo (which they should) he will definitely pick up his option for the extra year at McLaren which leaves Piastri with nowhere to go.

Also how is going to McLaren an upgrade over Alpine?

McLaren has more money, but they're saddled with an underperforming Riccardo.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
This morning Otmar said he couldn't get ahold of Alonso because he was on a Greek island, then he posts this on IG. He's chillin in his hometown in Spain.:laff:

FZLeLeOXEAU38Xi
El Plan! This is pure fuc-ker-ree!!

P.S. I almost died laughing at the new avi breh.

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Iā€™m a newbie to this F1 thing but I havenā€™t been impressed with Ricciardo at all since Iā€™ve started watching. I guess heā€™s a goofy character but dude is lower mid tier to me.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Iā€™m a newbie to this F1 thing but I havenā€™t been impressed with Ricciardo at all since Iā€™ve started watching. I guess heā€™s a goofy character but dude is lower mid tier to me.
The Red Bull probably flattered his pace, seems to do that for all RBR drivers really, but he was decent while alongside Vettel. If Red Bull would have given a damn about him when they brought Verstappen in then he could have been in the mix last year and this year. The reality is, though, most drivers will go forgotten a handful of years after they leave F1. In F1 if you aren't the best of the best, you're no better than anyone else. Let Ferrari mess around and fukk Leclerc out of another title or two and we may never hear his name again even though people talk about him as one of the best ok the grid. Same with Norris, same with Russell.