The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
If Alonso is so good and legendary, why does he keep going to bottom feeding teams?
giphy.webp

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
How are you feeling breh...ready to give Binotto another shot?

He came out and defended the strategy and said they just didn't have the pace.

:mjgrin:
I don't have a problem with Binotto. I think he's probably one of the most talented guys in the paddock. He said the hard tires were the wrong choice but he's always going to cover for the strat team. Dude doesn't want a return to the old Ferrari were they get their jobs threatened publicly. He needs to make the hard decision and revamp that strategy team though.

Regardless, he's right about the pace. They clearly didn't adjust for the cooler temps like Mercedes and RB. Sainz was getting tire deg 5 laps into his stints and while Leclerc was rolling on mediums, the car should've been way faster than it was on softs.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Alonso is so good and legendary, why does he keep going to bottom feeding teams?
They pay him. To be fair Mclaren, Alpine(formerly Renault) and Aston Martin shouldn't be bottom feeding by pedigree, but these things happen.

Alonso is good, but I still don't think he is in the class of Lewis or Max.

I would also like to say that my opinion isn't the popular one, as most see him as the best driver on the grid.

Lewis as a rookie matched him and had him claiming conspiracies.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
The thing with Alonso is the big teams are tired of his drama.

Mercedes and Red Bull don't need him, Ferrari got tired of him and Mclaren hate him for snitching because Lewis matched him as a rookie.

His options are limited, I'm surprised he left Renault though as they have always loved him since Bennetton days.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are saying Piastri might already be in negotiation with McLaren. Ricciardo might be going back to Alpine...

Silly season here again.

Makes sense. I think McLaren made it clear that no one was more excited to hear about Ricciardo possibly retiring than them.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Max has 28 wins, can realistically catch Lewis:patrice:
He has time on his side. If RBR doesn't slip then yeah. But then I'll trot out the exact same arguments they try against Lewis for his success :yeshrug: . Always in a top car, teammate not allowed to fight, no competition for titles, more races in a season.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
He has time on his side. If RBR doesn't slip then yeah. But then I'll trot out the exact same arguments they try against Lewis for his success :yeshrug: . Always in a top car, teammate not allowed to fight, no competition for titles, more races in a season.
For some reason, I don't see Max racing past 33 or 34 years old.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
For some reason, I don't see Max racing past 33 or 34 years old.
I don't think he knows what else to do with himself. Probably none of them do outside of Lewis, Vettel, Danny Ric, and maybe Alonso. He'll go until he gets bored - whether that's from lack of competition or lack of competitiveness remains to be seen. He better hope no hotshot comes through the Red Bull ranks or he'll mess around and get dropped like he was Vettel.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Max has 28 wins, can realistically catch Lewis:patrice:

I can see Verstappen eventually burning out. They're talking about how he's matured and mellowed out, and he still has moments when he loses his shyt over what is relatively standard race weekend fukkery.

LeClerc has to make up at least eight points a race from here on out just to TIE him, and Ferrari has to make up 10 each race. His partner has pretty clearly been asked to quit fukking around, and play his role as the the two. Depending on who you ask, the car is being developed toward his needs more than anything else. And he's STILL having the occasional tantrum over the radio.

Not every season is going to play out where the two most immediate threats either fumbled the early or middle of the season spectacularly, and the seasons where they're expected to dominate but have to seriously fight should be more telling.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I can see Verstappen eventually burning out. They're talking about how he's matured and mellowed out, and he still has moments when he loses his shyt over what is relatively standard race weekend fukkery.
If Max has the car, he can win until heā€™s 40. His skills are all-time elite.

Now that Porsche owns 50% of Red Bull F1, heā€™ll definitely have the battery in his back.

But yeah, the motivation is hard to judge. I think heā€™s going to aim to match Lewis and Michael in championships. :yeshrug:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Bruh.
Alonso is an agent of chaos. It never fails. :russ:

But really, this is on Alpine. Dumbasses offered Piastri as a reserve driver to McLaren and he ended up really entering negotiation with them. Then only wanted to give Alonso a one year deal and signed Ocon out to 2024.

Ricciardo might be back at Alpine at this rate.