The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Trying to get into F1 after watching that Netflix series

Is every race just Hamilton winning by a large margin and others fighting for 2nd?

What makes him so dominant? The car or how good a driver he is?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Vettel always sounds mad as hell when that Italian journalist is talking to him :mjlol:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trying to get into F1 after watching that Netflix series

Is every race just Hamilton winning by a large margin and others fighting for 2nd?

What makes him so dominant? The car or how good a driver he is?
Hamilton is a exceptional driver.

Brilliantly fast over one lap and an even better racer.

He is also known as having the ability to brake later than most of his competitors.

He is excellent in all weather conditions, just a complete driver, and now he has the juggernaut of the Mercedes team, he has gone from strength to strength.

The thing about Hamilton, he has had unprecedented success recently with Mercedes but before that, he was at Mclaren and even when his car was shyt, he still managed to win at least one race every year. No other driver in F1 can say that. So as a fan of his I enjoy the success now, because I remember the lean years when they used to say he wasn't intelligent enough, and I also remember when he was widely laughed at for leaving Mclaren and going to Mercedes.

He took the gamble, against the recommendation of 95% of the paddock, and won. He deserves every accolade.

In terms of pure ability Max is next up, he still has a lot to learn but he is a fast learner.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Also, this is why I could care less when they talk about it being too easy for lewis.

What was said when Lewis Hamilton quit McLaren to join Mercedes
When I go on Reddit to see white people crying about Mercedes dominance...
tenor.gif

Honestly. I want Lewis to get 10 titles and retire.

I'll settle for 8-9 though :troll:

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Also, this is why I could care less when they talk about it being too easy for lewis.

What was said when Lewis Hamilton quit McLaren to join Mercedes
Sounds like he gambled on himself and was confident he could be successful at Mercedes. To be fair its mostly the media pundits that doubted him. There are quotes in there saying that he would probably continue to be successful, coming from other teams. And it also sounds like the move to Sergio Perez for McLaren was one that gave them financial gain, not that they really wanted to see him leave. With all that said, Im sure the perception may have been different at the time.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like he gambled on himself and was confident he could be successful at Mercedes. To be fair its mostly the media pundits that doubted him. There are quotes in there saying that he would probably continue to be successful, coming from other teams. And it also sounds like the move to Sergio Perez for McLaren was one that gave them financial gain, not that they really wanted to see him leave. With all that said, Im sure the perception may have been different at the time.
The perception was he had taken a step back and would never fulfill his potential.

Now here we are. He is fulfilling it, and folks are big mad.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
When I go on Reddit to see white people crying about Mercedes dominance...
tenor.gif

Honestly. I want Lewis to get 10 titles and retire.

I'll settle for 8-9 though :troll:
Either that or they give credit to everything, even the paint on the car(sarcasm) except Lewis. Every year is Max’s year :russ:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Either that or they give credit to everything, even the paint on the car(sarcasm) except Lewis. Every year is Max’s year :russ:
Max the only nikka who gets praised for how "well" he crashes. How does a nikka crash driving to the track (and people swear he's a 'rain master') and still get driver of the day?