The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm starting to come around on some y'all thinking some of these commentators on Sky Sports don't fukk with Hamilton.

Commentator 1: George Russell has been doing well, and going off of both of their comments, George must be benefitting from Lewis mentoring him.

Commentator: Impossible. He clearly hates George, and feels threatened by him!

Imagine being threatened by a teammate who hasn't even won a race yet. :dead:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I'm starting to come around on some y'all thinking some of these commentators on Sky Sports don't fukk with Hamilton.

Commentator 1: George Russell has been doing well, and going off of both of their comments, George must be benefitting from Lewis mentoring him.

I disagree if we're talking about the same thing. Karun and Jenson were just giving some nuance and insight to simple storylines Natalie Pinkham, I think, was just throwing out because there were no cars on the track.

Don't think they were taking a dig at Lewis just pointig out that if they were racing for wins Lewis would be out for blood. It's all friendly and cordial now but in the mind of F1 driver everyone is competition, especially your teammate.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps

I think it was Jenson Button that said that but not sure if you're quoting him 100% correctly.

To be honest, I'm inclinded to agree with him though. Due to a lot of luck and perhaps other factors, Russell has shown up Lewis over the course of the season and I doubt that sits well with him.

I also just don't think F1 is a sport where you're gonna be mentoring your teammate. It's too cut throat for that.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree if we're talking about the same thing. Karun and Jenson were just giving some nuance and insight to simple storylines Natalie Pinkham, I think, was just throwing out because there were no cars on the track.

Don't think they were taking a dig at Lewis just pointig out that if they were racing for wins Lewis would be out for blood. It's all friendly and cordial now but in the mind of F1 driver everyone is competition, especially your teammate.

I think it was Jenson Button that said that but not sure if you're quoting him 100% correctly.

To be honest, I'm inclinded to agree with him though. Due to a lot of luck and perhaps other factors, Russell has shown up Lewis over the course of the season and I doubt that sits well with him.

I also just don't think F1 is a sport where you're gonna be mentoring your teammate. It's too cut throat for that.

I can see what you're saying. I guess I'm looking at it differently. I'd think that if I were really threatened by my teammate, now would be the time to not teach them anything, so they don't even have the basic principles of winning when the time comes.

calh45

Cal
Daps
It gets worse.

He's asked about Keke Rosberg (Nico's dad) and says that he was a shyt driver, just like his son, and that the only reason why he beat Lewis that one year was because Lewis must have been getting fukked in the arse, more than usual.

I bet Max probably wishes he shut the fukk up now that the entire transcript is out. Ain't no backpedaling out of how fukked up this is to say about anyone, but Max and Ecclestone soft shoeing for Piquet proves Lewis' point even more.

The sport is going to suffer when Lewis leaves. The reigning champion has the personality of a brillo pad.

Daps
I bet Max probably wishes he shut the fukk up now that the entire transcript is out. Ain't no backpedaling out of how fukked up this is to say about anyone, but Max and Ecclestone soft shoeing for Piquet proves Lewis' point even more.

The sport is going to suffer when Lewis leaves. The reigning champion has the personality of a brillo pad.
Ha ha. F1 will survive without Lewis. They got Max and he will without a doubt win the next few championships and could potentially surpass Michael and Lewis easily. Heā€™s still young and got Red Bull whom seem to be the strongest now. Merc totally fukked it up.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ha ha. F1 will survive without Lewis. They got Max and he will without a doubt win the next few championships and could potentially surpass Michael and Lewis easily. Heā€™s still young and got Red Bull whom seem to be the strongest now. Merc totally fukked it up.

Yeah, seems like they'll be fine. As shytty as everyone involved with this situation is, it seems like there have been more ridiculous figures associated with the sport. shyt, Bernie Ecclestone, as I remember it, was his his own mini fukkery supernova near the end of his reign as the head of F1, and they're doing alright.

And who's to say that a new driver doesn't come along to throw a wrench into Verstappen being dominant forever? Or that the other teams don't catch up to Red Bull?

calh45

Cal
Daps

It's going to suffer. I didn't say it's going to fail, but just looking at social media following Lewis has 40 million total. Max only has around 10 million in second place. Just Lewis not being present is going to pull a lot of eyes away. It'll be like when MJ left the NBA.......and Max "easily" surpassing Lewis shouldn't be thrown around when he just got his first one in a dubious way last season. Lewis got his first championship in his second year, was younger than Max when he won his first one, and tied Schumacher's championship record just two years ago, and just beat his win record last year. Charles is still gonna be there after Lewis leaves and he ain't chump. Neither is George. If Ferrari was more reliable Charles would be leading the championship now. Max and RBR ain't blowing people out of the water because they're that much faster.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It's going to suffer. I didn't say it's going to fail, but just looking at social media following Lewis has 40 million total. Max only has around 10 million in second place. Just Lewis not being present is going to pull a lot of eyes away. It'll be like when MJ left the NBA.......and Max "easily" surpassing Lewis shouldn't be thrown around when he just got his first one in a dubious way last season. Lewis got his first championship in his second year, was younger than Max when he won his first one, and tied Schumacher's championship record just two years ago, and just beat his win record last year. Charles is still gonna be there after Lewis leaves and he ain't chump. Neither is George. If Ferrari was more reliable Charles would be leading the championship now. Max and RBR ain't blowing people out of the water because they're that much faster.

Exactly
Not to mention F1 trying to make inroads in south africa as well

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

lewis is bringing in the US and the global south demographics.

there is no one else in F1 who appeals to the crowds that Lewis can attract.

loads of people in those regions never watched an F1 race until lewis stepped up. or they paid it much less attention.

"Hamilton's mixed heritage -- his mother is white British and his father's family have roots in the Caribbean -- and a rags-to-riches success story have both helped him connect with a wider fanbase.
"There's a crossover that appeals to many, many backgrounds," said Thomas. "He's diverse, but not just [in] race but in his social likings too.
"He hangs out with top celebrities like Jay-Z and Kanye West. This hip-hop style and the fact that he spends a lot of time in the U.S. make him one of the few drivers who actually appeals to Americans.""

"Roope agreed: "Lewis is a bit different. He invites a whole new set of people into F1, people who might be put off by the rich, white, middle-classness of it all.""

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
lewis is bringing in the US and the global south demographics.

there is no one else in F1 who appeals to the crowds that Lewis can attract.
F1 survived before and after Senna and it survived before and after Schumacher. Same goes for NBA and even non-team based sports.

F1 will be more than fine after Lewis, especially now with Drive to Survive which took F1 to the next level. And from what I've seen of DTS it didn't focus too much on Lewis at all, maybe intentionally.

And while you're correct that Lewis brings in different demographics, there will also be plenty of people happy to see him leave :mjpls: Media will also be happy to see him leave so they can run new narratives, especially since they have couple of fresh faced British drivers they can push :mjpls:

They have Russell in a Mercedes, kids love Lando, Leclerc is in a Ferrari, Max as boring as he is has potential to break records.