The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Don’t they have time to test these concepts in the off-season and shyt???

:mjtf:
The bouncing issue doesn't manifest in the simulation. The simulator is telling them that their concept is the fastest by far-- but now they have to find the solution to unlock it in the real world. The sensors they put on Lewis' car in Melbourne have finally given them a clear picture as to what triggers the bouncing . Now they have to develop a complete solution that utilizes the cost cap in the most effective way.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Dudes in here acting like dudes on Reddit, ignoring the circumstances and only looking at the outcome. The most accomplished driver, coming off a blitz at the end of last season, but a couple of good results by Russell and all that's out the window :dead:
You just have to ignore it. They'll be crying murder again by mid season once Merc has the car solid again. They've been waiting for this so they can get their pound of flesh. It's pathetic-- but that's how crackers move.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Doesn’t play into the agenda.

Not to mention Gasly more focused on defending than attacking Albon.
People are just following Sky talking points.

Sky: Russell is really showing there's life in that Mercedes meanwhile Hamilton is having issues.
*Bottas is catching up by .300 a lap to Russell*
Sky: His wing is not adjusted properly! :damn:

Meanwhile they barely mention that Hamilton is where he is because of the pit stop and Ocon :unimpressed:

No mention of that Alpha Tauri smoking Vettell and KMag up front :unimpressed:

No discussion how Gasly driving with DRS for 30 laps within .400 range is not able to pass a Williams without DRS:unimpressed:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The bouncing issue doesn't manifest in the simulation. The simulator is telling them that their concept is the fastest by far-- but now they have to find the solution to unlock it in the real world. The sensors they put on Lewis' car in Melbourne have finally given them a clear picture as to what triggers the bouncing . Now they have to develop a complete solution that utilizes the cost cap in the most effective way.
Their simulator never said that. :russ:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Their simulator never said that. :russ:
:stopitslime: Shovlin, Toto, and Anthony Davidson have absolutely said that according to the simulator they should be leading the pack. I didn't that make that up for fun to type out words. There have been multiple pre and post race conversations with AD saying that specifically, since he's one of their sim drivers. He knows the times the car is doing

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:stopitslime: Shovlin, Toto, and Anthony Davidson have absolutely said that according to the simulator they should be leading the pack. I didn't that make that up for fun to type out words. There have been multiple pre and post race conversations with AD saying that specifically since he's one of their sim drivers. He knows the times the car is doing
The only thing I've heard them say regarding the car's potential was that the zero sidepods configuration was significantly quicker than the initial W13 design. If you've got proof of them saying that I'd like to see it. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. :hubie:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
The only thing I've heard them say regarding the car's potential was that the zero sidepods configuration was significantly quicker than the initial W13 design. If you've got proof of them saying that I'd like to see it. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. :hubie:
The proof is the post and pre race dialogue I mentioned. He's talked about in during Free Practice as well. I'm not going looking for all that-- I was just conveying the information. Everything doesn't need to be a debate. Whether it's the case that the Merc has that much untapped speed will reveal itself in due time.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps

I’m not sure porpoising is the biggest issue though, that Ferrari porpoises like a mf’er just as bad. They might just need to come to terms with the fact they designed a horrible chassis.

RB took a BUNCH of their engineers too, so I’m not confident the people back at the factory are going to solve it in time but hopefully I’m wrong.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I’m not sure porpoising is the biggest issue though, that Ferrari porpoises like a mf’er just as bad. They might just need to come to terms with the fact they designed a horrible chassis.

RB took a BUNCH of their engineers too, so I’m not confident the people back at the factory are going to solve it in time but hopefully I’m wrong.
Porpoising manifests and affects each car differently. The Ferrari doesn't porpise at the same intensity nor at the same place as the Mercedes. Ferrari will porpise towards the end of the straights and then settle in the braking phase. Mercedes will start porpoising halfway down the straight. Fixing it won't solve every problem, but it should put them out of reach of the midfield.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
They don’t test the shyt out on an actual track???
:mjtf:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

The Ferrari only bounces in the straights, not the corners. Merc have said the issue is the floor flexing too much-- but a stiffer floor would compromise performance in other areas. They're on a razor's edge