The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. They've been funding everything over here for the GOP, but also almost all right wing politicians across the globe along with building online support with bot farms. There are no US based businesses willing to take the hit that comes along with openly supporting the GOP style rhetoric, because you can't sustain a business here that way, most of our economy is driven by "liberal" companies, but Russia could. In the past day or two even Fox News has turned tail and started launching hit pieces at Putin. Trump let him have Crimea, and he could've done that and chilled out, but because he didn't, everything Russian that exists outside of Russia is getting slapped. Every oligarch/mafia boss that let Putin rock is learning a very expensive lesson.

That's why Mazepin. He's the son of one of those oligarchs. I'm super curious what happens to the GOP now that they lost their primary funding arm and online army........but that's a post for another thread and nothing to do with F1.

On topic, my championship prediction order will be:
1. Lewis
2. Sainz
3. Max

Ferrari has the car this year. Sainz isn't as volatile of a driver as Charles. Max will fall back to Earth because he won't be able to be so elbows out this year with people trying to pass him.
This war and sanctions may even affecting GOP state budgets. I just read an article about some pension funds in Kentucky that were heavily invested in Russian banks. A teachers fund lost 95% of its value this week. God knows what other investments have been hammered…
As for Mazepin it was all sweet last year but life comes at you quickly sometimes

:francis:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Rumors are swirling on Reddit that the car Mercedes is bringing this weekend has virtually no sidepods. I'm gonna temper my expectations but that's piqued my curiosity.

stave

Superstar
Daps
Brothers the time is almost upon us :wow:

Hamilton about to slide on opps all season :violent:

No sidepods on the Merc doesn't seem logical but I saw a sketch from Scarbs that made it look possible. Still dunno how that passes a side impact test. Seems like the other teams could just get it banned as it would be dangerous to run into it from the side like that.

I'm not sure which chassis he means exactly but he compares the design to a Dallara F3 chassis

Either way... retribution :violent:
Hopefully Ferrari keeps stinking it up too :boss:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The no sidepods idea is stupid for various reasons. Scarbs drew the original as a joke. :mjlol:

Anyway, Mercedes will probably still have the fastest car to start the season at the very least.
Apparently the Red Bull is overweight and the heaviest car on the grid right now. They were begging the FIA for a minimum weight increase. :mjpls:

Ferrari says they are holding off their first update until race 2-3.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Might be bullshyt. Apparently it was Will Buxton revisiting a joke drawing that Scarbs did about the Alpine when it had that bulbous airbox. I guess somebody said something about no sidepods on the Merc, and then Scarbs did a rendition of the 2022 Merc with a no sidepods concept. But then some Italian (or something) journalist who is supposedly trustworthy said some shyt similar so who knows :yeshrug:. I want that shyt to be true, and I want it to be nearly impossible to copy without a total power unit redesign, and I want that shyt to be a couple seconds faster than the rest of the field. But I know better :pachaha:.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I said oh my god.

ol4amie57im81.png

1avqd73a6im81.jpg

FNd9K_-XIAAHV8Z

adglpc7ywhm81.jpg

Last edited: