The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps

They're really out here just canceling everything Russian. I feel nothing for this guy either way but this is wild. How is it even being considered?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

They're really out here just canceling everything Russian. I feel nothing for this guy either way but this is wild. How is it even being considered?

They're being pushed into it from the sporting side. Other sports are clamping down, they have to as well. They would have kept the Russian GP if they could have. Haas is about to be assed out, Mazepin might as well hang up his helmet.

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're being pushed into it from the sporting side. Other sports are clamping down, they have to as well. They would have kept the Russian GP if they could have. Haas is about to be assed out, Mazepin might as well hang up his helmet.
is the F1 season this year going to be pretty much Max vs. Lewis while everyone else fights for 3rd?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
is the F1 season this year going to be pretty much Max vs. Lewis while everyone else fights for 3rd?
No way to know with the new regulations, the order could have been shuffled big time depending on how development went. Hype is around Ferrari - I think mainly because their sidepods look so different to everyone else. McLaren also looks good supposedly. We really won't know until about this time in the 19th.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Screenshot-2022-03-02-at-07-53-28.png

:picard:

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:yeshrug: we'll see if Fittipaldi is any better. Haas about to go down the drain in terms of development without that Uralkali money.

yea, at least looking at his records in the junior series, he's not better than Mazepin on paper.

I'm guessing Haas gonna go for some Brazil Bucks.

maybe Burger King will get down

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
yea, at least looking at his records in the junior series, he's not better than Mazepin on paper.

I'm guessing Haas gonna go for some Brazil Bucks.

maybe Burger King will get down
That's pretty much what Tiff Needell said about the situation :skip:. Pretty much gonna be like for like with potentially less titty grabbing.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think Giovinazzi is getting the Haas seat full-time. Fittipaldi will probably get the test and first race.

As for Max vs Lewis, I think they will have some challengers depending on the track. These cars are going to change some during the season. Everyone thinks Mercedes will roll out a B-spec version at testing next week. RB too. Ferrari says they are waiting until Race 2-3 for their first upgrade.

calh45

Cal
Daps

As fukked up as this war is, literally EVERY country has been waiting for Putin to give them a reason since Trump was letting him basically fukk with everyone, including the US, and Putin gave them one while Biden is here. This is about sending a message. We're quite literally seeing how the US pushed the world to turn Venezuela into Venezuela on a grand scale. This is about removing all of the Russian influence that happened in this past 4 years and putting pressure on the Russian population to throw out Putin like what happened to Saddam and Ghaddafi and Chavez. Putin made a bad move in this current environment and they shut off all of his money, his homies money (Mazepin's dad), and putting him back in a cage or he's going to need to go into exile.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
As fukked up as this war is, literally EVERY country has been waiting for Putin to give them a reason since Trump was letting him basically fukk with everyone, including the US, and Putin gave them one while Biden is here. This is about sending a message. We're quite literally seeing how the US pushed the world to turn Venezuela into Venezuela on a grand scale. This is about removing all of the Russian influence that happened in this past 4 years and putting pressure on the Russian population to throw out Putin like what happened to Saddam and Ghaddafi and Chavez. Putin made a bad move in this current environment and they shut off all of his money, his homies money (Mazepin's dad), and putting him back in a cage or he's going to need to go into exile.
Itā€™s an interesting point. Russia has no money for lobbying tactics, online bots, that may potentially decide US elections which many republicans think is a fait accompli.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Itā€™s an interesting point. Russia has no money for lobbying tactics, online bots, that may potentially decide US elections which many republicans think is a fait accompli.

Exactly. They've been funding everything over here for the GOP, but also almost all right wing politicians across the globe along with building online support with bot farms. There are no US based businesses willing to take the hit that comes along with openly supporting the GOP style rhetoric, because you can't sustain a business here that way, most of our economy is driven by "liberal" companies, but Russia could. In the past day or two even Fox News has turned tail and started launching hit pieces at Putin. Trump let him have Crimea, and he could've done that and chilled out, but because he didn't, everything Russian that exists outside of Russia is getting slapped. Every oligarch/mafia boss that let Putin rock is learning a very expensive lesson.

That's why Mazepin. He's the son of one of those oligarchs. I'm super curious what happens to the GOP now that they lost their primary funding arm and online army........but that's a post for another thread and nothing to do with F1.

On topic, my championship prediction order will be:
1. Lewis
2. Sainz
3. Max

Ferrari has the car this year. Sainz isn't as volatile of a driver as Charles. Max will fall back to Earth because he won't be able to be so elbows out this year with people trying to pass him.