The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:dead: in the quiet of the night... but somehow it's only gonna have F1 more popular than ever.. watch. Because there's a lot of people who will ride for Max and there's a lot more people who will be in Lewis corner after the robbery.

So they have instantly created the hottest rivalry in sports.

Daps
:dead: in the quiet of the night... but somehow it's only gonna have F1 more popular than ever.. watch. Because there's a lot of people who will ride for Max and there's a lot more people who will be in Lewis corner after the robbery.

So they have instantly created the hottest rivalry in sports.
Come on. How is it in the quiet of the night? It’s daytime in Europe.

Edit: Released it on the day Ferrari released their car and stole their thunder.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
FIA President Mohammed Ben Sulayem's proposal in full
Firstly, to assist the race director in the decision-making process, a Virtual Race Control Room will be created. Alike the Video Assistance Referee (VAR) in football, it will be positioned in one of the FIA Offices as a backup outside the circuit. In real-time connection with the FIA F1 race director, it will help to apply the sporting regulations using the most modern technological tools.

Secondly, direct radio communications during the race, currently broadcast live by all TVs, will be removed in order to protect the race director from any pressure and allow him to take decisions peacefully. It will still be possible to ask questions to the race director, according to a well-defined and non-intrusive process.

Thirdly, unlapping procedures behind safety car will be reassessed by the F1 Sporting Advisory Committee and presented to the next F1 Commission prior to the start of the season.

And finally, I would like to inform you that a new race management team will be put in place starting in Barcelona for the test session.

Niels Wittich and Eduardo Freitas will act alternatively as Race Director, assisted by Herbie Blash as permanent senior advisor.

Michael Masi, who accomplished a very challenging job for three years as Formula 1 race director following Charlie Whiting, will be offered a new position within the FIA.

Emphasis mine. This is a lot of words to say nothing is changing other than moving Masi. Messages to the FIA are no longer broadcast so there's no transparency anymore (although I was never a fan of that stuff anyway). I don't know about that Wittich guy, but Freitas seems to run the WEC well, so that's a slight bright spot. But this is some don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain shyt. They can't in plain terms state that they got it wrong. Highway robbery in front of the entire world.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Emphasis mine. This is a lot of words to say nothing is changing other than moving Masi. Messages to the FIA are no longer broadcast so there's no transparency anymore (although I was never a fan of that stuff anyway). I don't know about that Wittich guy, but Freitas seems to run the WEC well, so that's a slight bright spot. But this is some don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain shyt. They can't in plain terms state that they got it wrong. Highway robbery in front of the entire world.
The changes, however milquetoast, are an acknowledgement of extreme fukkery afoot last season, and ridicule verstappens “title”. As I said last year they’ve irreparably damaged the F1 brand for people who cared.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
The changes, however milquetoast, are an acknowledgement of extreme fukkery afoot last season, and ridicule verstappens “title”. As I said last year they’ve irreparably damaged the F1 brand for people who cared.

Lewis was thisclose to doing the unthinkable and burying Max once again. This shyt was USSR vs US at the 1972 Olympics level fukkery.

totally inexcusable.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
New car tomorrow. Better come correct because that new Ferrari is :banderas:.

I know they will.

BTW if you're car nerd like me, these 2022 designs have been incredible thus far. Every team has a different take on the new regulations. Even if the racing isn't that much closer, the new designs bring them from 2009 into the 2020's.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
New car tomorrow. Better come correct because that new Ferrari is :banderas:.

I know they will.

BTW if you're car nerd like me, these 2022 designs have been incredible thus far. Every team has a different take on the new regulations. Even if the racing isn't that much closer, the new designs bring them from 2009 into the 2020's.
That shyt they did with the sidepod bodywork :wow:. Given what we'd saw up until today, I'm sure nobody expected that.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:mjlol: You ain’t learned yet? Ferrari will always Ferrari. Their team structure doesn’t work in the modern era. If they’re car is competitive, they’ll find a way to fukk it up.
The team structure was redone post-2020. That's why they operated well last season and there was no drama from any of the team. Everything was changed due to the new cost cap and 2022 regs.

It'll be a big test to see if they can take the next step this season.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
The team structure was redone post-2020. That's why they operated well last season and there was no drama from any of the team. Everything was changed due to the new cost cap and 2022 regs.

There was no drama because they knew they weren't competing for anything. And when I say team structure, I don't so much mean management structure and personnel. I think their actual team "culture" and over reliance on Italian personnel is a huge hindrance.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That was all we were going to get either way.

My protest will be with my wallet. :yeshrug:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The car will be important.

But if Merc find some reliability on their engine they could still be a beast.

We will see

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps

The eraser head guy is tactical ass cheeks though. Ferrari made some bizarre in race decisions last year.