The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I got curious about some shyt after the last race so I started looking at a few of the onboards. Mercedes always seems to lift and coast into almost every corner during the race. Hamilton was doing lift and coast while keeping pace with the Ferraris. By contrast, I watched both Vettel and Leclerc's onboards and I didn't see lift and coast out of either of them. If anything, I would have expected it from Leclerc because he wasn't in clean air. I noticed the same with the Red Bulls as well. Seems like a few possibilities on this:
  • Mercedes can't sustain the flat out running because they're so marginal on cooling, fuel, etc. That's scary in 2 ways: either they can keep up (and win) with excessive management techniques, or they're not showing true pace. If they were to drive every lap on pace :merchant:
  • Ferrari and RBR have to push to stay competitive with Mercedes. They're fueled to the max and are trying to extract everything on every lap.
  • Ferrari and Honda are able to structure their engine and ERS modes in such a way that lift and coast isn't necessary. That might imply great fuel efficiency and massive retardation from the harvesting into braking zones - but it didn't sound like that when I was listening.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
I got curious about some shyt after the last race so I started looking at a few of the onboards. Mercedes always seems to lift and coast into almost every corner during the race. Hamilton was doing lift and coast while keeping pace with the Ferraris. By contrast, I watched both Vettel and Leclerc's onboards and I didn't see lift and coast out of either of them. If anything, I would have expected it from Leclerc because he wasn't in clean air. I noticed the same with the Red Bulls as well. Seems like a few possibilities on this:
  • Mercedes can't sustain the flat out running because they're so marginal on cooling, fuel, etc. That's scary in 2 ways: either they can keep up (and win) with excessive management techniques, or they're not showing true pace. If they were to drive every lap on pace :merchant:
  • Ferrari and RBR have to push to stay competitive with Mercedes. They're fueled to the max and are trying to extract everything on every lap.
  • Ferrari and Honda are able to structure their engine and ERS modes in such a way that lift and coast isn't necessary. That might imply great fuel efficiency and massive retardation from the harvesting into braking zones - but it didn't sound like that when I was listening.
Option 1. Title and constructors championship have been decided long ago. Mercedes are coasting. F1 needs to market a new young savior to rival lewis, which is burning Vettelā€™s soul.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
That Jack Aitken hot lap commentary
full

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Qualifying is on.

Kubica just driving all off in the wall :snoop:. I know he's been through it but he should have never come back, it's been a dismal showing.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
He and Verstappen are too old to be racing like F2 drivers.

Its not even about the bump...

But the fact he was driving with a piece of his car dragging on the track and the stewards didn't do anything.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Its not even about the bump...

But the fact he was driving with a piece of his car dragging on the track and the stewards didn't do anything.
I'm saying. He shed front wing for 2 laps, took out Hamilton's mirror in the process :snoop:. They say they're working to improve safety but let shyt like this happen.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
They're gonna give up a guaranteed p2 in exchange of having to pass vettel for p2