The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

mr x

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

I might be wrong....

But at that point in the race....once all the leaders all pitted and hamilton led, why pit him at that moment?

Build a lead...if the leaders eventually pass you again, thats better than going all the way down to 12th.

The track was still slick. He ended up having to go back to change tires again.

Plus there was always a high chance the safety car comes back out(like it did) and you get to pit.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Everything unraveled when Merc put Lewis on the softs too early.

Overly reactive to what other teams are doing. He had a 35 sec lead once leclerc pitted.

They had time to see what the lap times would be...and how the tires would meet the conditions.

Leclerc ended up crashing asap...lol.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
You know what I find interesting about this thread? We're all pretty ardent HAM fans, but I noticed the class here when the result isn't a HAM win. Go on Reddit and you can see the thinly-veiled vitriol that these white people have for Hamilton. They don't even really hate Mercedes' dominance, they hate Lewis' dominance in that Mercedes. If Max ends up in a Merc after Lewis retires, I bet you never hear the complaints then that we do now.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
You know what I find interesting about this thread? We're all pretty ardent HAM fans, but I noticed the class here when the result isn't a HAM win. Go on Reddit and you can see the thinly-veiled vitriol that these white people have for Hamilton. They don't even really hate Mercedes' dominance, they hate Lewis' dominance in that Mercedes. If Max ends up in a Merc after Lewis retires, I bet you never hear the complaints then that we do now.

Right :laugh:

Will be interesting to see what unfolds the next couple of seasons.

-Lewis has one year left on his contract
-Bottas may be replaced
-Vettel's ferrari future has been the topic of speculation

calh45

Cal
Daps

That much is obvious. He is basically turning into the Jerry Rice of F1 where his stats will make it undeniable at the rate he's going.

That said, they do the same shyt with Vettel over there too, saying he only won because Red Bull had the best cars at the time. They're just miserable about everything over there except when it involves Max.

I chilled on discussing sports over there. There's folks over there that just downvote shyt if you say anything about a person they don't like.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Right :laugh:

Will be interesting to see what unfolds the next couple of seasons.

-Lewis has one year left on his contract
-Bottas may be replaced
-Vettel's ferrari future has been the topic of speculation
If Lewis takes this year's title I think he'll stick around for 2021, doubly so if he takes this and next year's. I don't see any point in Mercedes replacing Bottas because he's not performing badly. People seem to be forgetting he 2nd in the championship. Mercedes would replace him just to put Ocon in the car? Nothing against Ocon, but why? If Bottas was putting in a Gasly level performance I could see it, but not as things are. I think Vettel is going to hang it up after his contract is up. He's not having the level of success that keeps him happy and Ferrari is giving him little hope.

Many F1 "fans" are scared that somebody who doesn't look like them is knocking on the door of being the statistical GOAT. Rather than respecting the history they're seeing made every weekend, they'd rather lash out at Hamilton, trying to nitpick everything about him and downplay his ability. I don't think these people are fans of F1 or motorsport at all. They just want a spectacle that doesn't involve Hamilton. People are rating this race highly but there wasn't a lot of racing going on today. It was just exciting for its unpredictability.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
If Lewis takes this year's title I think he'll stick around for 2021, doubly so if he takes this and next year's. I don't see any point in Mercedes replacing Bottas because he's not performing badly. People seem to be forgetting he 2nd in the championship. Mercedes would replace him just to put Ocon in the car? Nothing against Ocon, but why? If Bottas was putting in a Gasly level performance I could see it, but not as things are. I think Vettel is going to hang it up after his contract is up. He's not having the level of success that keeps him happy and Ferrari is giving him little hope.

Many F1 "fans" are scared that somebody who doesn't look like them is knocking on the door of being the statistical GOAT. Rather than respecting the history they're seeing made every weekend, they'd rather lash out at Hamilton, trying to nitpick everything about him and downplay his ability. I don't think these people are fans of F1 or motorsport at all. They just want a spectacle that doesn't involve Hamilton. People are rating this race highly but there wasn't a lot of racing going on today. It was just exciting for its unpredictability.
THIS ALL fukkING DAY! nikkas are on Reddit swearing this is an "all-time great race" :russ::russ::mjlol: The result was determined by crashes and DNFs. Any other weekend they're complaining about the need for more aggressive wheel to wheel racing. Yet folks are acting like F1 has been "revitalized" off this one race :mindblown: You'd think they would find satisfaction in a race that actually required the other teams to beat Merc and Ferrari on actual speed and strategy. Max's two wins came from Mercedes' cooling limitations and poor tire strategy. Lewis was up 35 seconds before he allowed the team to override his instincts to stay on the intermediate tires. It was about to be another afternoon of dominance. It's like I said before, they don't even care if Merc wins-- as long as Lewis isn't at the top of the podium. Remember the jubilation over the porridge consuming "Bottas 2.0" after the first couple races?