The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Mercedes brought a few upgrades to Silverstone which I'm surprised at. I guess Toto was trying to deflect earlier. Doesn't look like its doing much against Max though. :francis:

I don't know about this sprint race. I think the order is going to be the same as usual.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Mercedes brought a few upgrades to Silverstone which I'm surprised at. I guess Toto was trying to deflect earlier. Doesn't look like its doing much against Max though. :francis:

I don't know about this sprint race. I think the order is going to be the same as usual.
Mercedes have been on high fuel since the start of the session, Red Bull have been in and out, so the times aren't fully representative. But yeah nothing is going to change with the sprint races. Might not even get a chance to watch live this time around :francis:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

I don't think Mercedes can do anything and they know it, it's all because of their low rake car :manny:

Mercedes surprisingly stayed pretty quiet about it or maybe they just let Aston Martin do all the complaining.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't think Mercedes can do anything and they know it, it's all because of their low rake car :manny:

Mercedes surprisingly stayed pretty quiet about it or maybe they just let Aston Martin do all the complaining.
Agreed.

The pundits and media are going to be mad if Red Bull keeps this up because it might make this season boring really quickly. Serves them right.

Hopefully 2022 mixes things up.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

I think Aston Martin banked heavily on this year to bring in a good result in the championship, so they have more to lose. We see that even with the pace deficit, Mercedes can still hang on to second and contend for wins when Red Bull throws it away. But they've gotta be almost fully behind the 2022 car development right now so they can get the same gap they had at the start of this era. They might be prepared to drop this year in favor of the next few.

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed.

The pundits and media are going to be mad if Red Bull keeps this up because it might make this season boring really quickly. Serves them right.

Hopefully 2022 mixes things up.

Nah, media loving this. They've been secretly (and some not so secretly) hoping for someone to knock Mercedes off the top (i.e. Lewis Hamilton) for years now

Red bull pace is frightening. Really hope lewis can pull something off in quali but it's not looking good based on practice. Think we can safely say if red bull can dominate Silverstone then the championship is over