The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't even want to talk about my boys at Ferrari. After one lap their tires were like :sadcam:. Never seen anything like that before.

Next 2 weeks are going to be tough for Mercedes. Back to back home races for Red Bull and Max will be on full tilt. The way things are shaping up, he could go for 3 in a row.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Yeah, it's not looking too for for Lewis. Max is really on his A game and Red Bull strategy is superb. I keep seeing people in F1 comment sections saying that Merc had the edge on raw pace today, but I didn't see it at all. They seemed slower than usual, especially in the straights. Red Bull were flying out there.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
It is genuinely nuts that he threw out that this was a battle between two of the best drivers in history. They are looking for any reason to push Max onto Lewis' level during the broadcast and this season. Max has 13 wins and no championships vs Lewis' 99 wins and 7 championships.
nikka!!!! I was listening to that shyt in astonishment. I was surprised he could get the words out with Max’s sick so deep down his throat. Let the man actually accomplish something before you say goofy shyt like that. Brindle did the same thing at the beginning of the season. What a way to disrespect the drivers of the past.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Yeah, it's not looking too for for Lewis. Max is really on his A game and Red Bull strategy is superb. I keep seeing people in F1 comment sections saying that Merc had the edge on raw pace today, but I didn't see it at all. They seemed slower than usual, especially in the straights. Red Bull were flying out there.
Are you new to the sport? He’s down twelve points. He’s been down my more much further into the season. If anything it’s promising that it’s so close given how inconsistent Mercedes have been.

Lootha VanDraws

Daps
Are you new to the sport? He’s down twelve points. He’s been down my more much further into the season. If anything it’s promising that it’s so close given how inconsistent Mercedes have been.

No been watching for some time. My concern isn't so much with Lewis, I know he'll fight to the end. It's Merc strategy. It's been spotty at times in the past, but normally not like this. Something about the team just feels different, and it simply isn't down to W12 not being "the fastest car".

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I watched last 10 laps of Indycar race today. Grosjean was having fun out there. Going full send into corners, going off track, passing people. He finished 5th.

Kevin Magnussen also drove for the first time in Indycar but had a mechanical failure.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
They're going to keep trying to peddle some lies about Mercedes being the fastest thing on 4 wheels and Verstappen is the greatest to grace Formula 1.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully F1 cars get race this close one day :manny:

I don't see it happening. Indycar is a glorified spec series, which is fine, but that just makes it easier to create cars that race closer together. When Chevy and Honda were making aero for the cars, I think it was a distinct advantage for the Chevy aero cars. Now that they've gone back to just Dallara handling it, the racing is much closer. Only other option is to BOP the hell out of things like with GT3 cars.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
buttocks
zO5j2RY.png

"There has been little to choose between Mercedes and Red Bull this season but the latter have had the edge recently, especially in straight line speed using their low-drag rear wing, which was once more of benefit on the straights of the Red Bull Ring. Their strong form continued in the afternoon session run initially with light spots of rain falling. Verstappen was again on top by three-tenths from McLaren’s Daniel Ricciardo, with Hamilton in fourth, although the world champion had his quickest time deleted for exceeding track limits.

Hamilton’s teammate Valtteri Bottas has been given a three-place grid penalty for dangerous driving after he spun his car in the pit lane when released from his pit box. Bottas told the stewards Mercedes had been losing time in exiting their box and had attempted a new method in second gear. In doing so he experienced an unexpected amount of wheelspin, oversteered and spun, losing control of the car in the pit lane close to team personnel."

Mercedes’ Toto Wolff expects ‘hungry’ Lewis Hamilton to stay with F1 team

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Going to be an interesting quali session.

It’s all Lewis vs Max this round. Perez is still off pace and Bottas has 3 place penalty.

Lando and Gasly probably getting themselves into that top 4-5.

Lootha VanDraws

Daps
Going to be an interesting quali session.

It’s all Lewis vs Max this round. Perez is still off pace and Bottas has 3 place penalty.

Lando and Gasly probably getting themselves into that top 4-5.
Danny Ric looks like he's come to grips with the McLaren. He should be a top 5 qualifier.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Not if Practice three was anything to go by , McLaren were poor.

Could have been engine modes though.
I didn't watch but read that Lando's fastest lap was deleted (would've been top 5) and Danny slowed down on the last two corners of his fast lap.