The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If Leclerc isn't 1 second ahead after two laps, he's food.

Hamilton played a blinder with that low DF wing.
I donā€™t think Ferrari cares at this point. Its all gravy with McLaren behind both cars.

Any proof that they improved over last year puts them in good graces with management. Two straight poles is way past anything anyone expected.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I donā€™t think Ferrari cares at this point. Its all gravy with McLaren behind both cars.

Any proof that they improved over last year puts them in good graces with management. Two straight poles is way past anything anyone expected.
My only concern is the tyre temp at warm up, but to be fair, if Hamilton gets off the line well there aren't that many passing opportunities for Max.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get the impression Hamilton went with a setup that made no sense to the engineers and that they protested against, but they went with it anyway to appease him. Bottas should have just said, "give me whatever setup Lewis has"

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I get the impression Hamilton went with a setup that made no sense to the engineers and that they protested against, but they went with it anyway to appease him. Bottas should have just said, "give me whatever setup Lewis has"
He has this thing about the doing the 'opposite' of Lewis. He probably figured the setup the team decided on in Monaco benefited him, so he would go with their recommendation again.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He has this thing about the doing the 'opposite' of Lewis. He probably figured the setup the team decided on in Monaco benefited him, so he would go with their recommendation again.
Now the controversy is bottas giving Hamilton a tow.

These fukking Verstappen fans are furious!!!

Acting like Mercedes drivers haven't alternated each week who gets to go out in front etc...

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
He tends to want to do the opposite on race strategy because otherwise it results in the status quo on track. I don't think he tries to do the opposite in car setup.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Toto has confirmed Bottas wanted to stay with the High DF wing and setup while Lewis went in a different direction.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Acting like Mercedes drivers haven't alternated each week who gets to go out in front etc...
Max fans are always mad no matter what. He shouldā€™ve banked his first hotlap.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
F2 start was ugly...

It is going to be interesting tomorrow if Max decides to send it. May end up colliding again

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

Yeah, they're going at it in the Autosport forums. That place has become a chaos pit this season with the title fight.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
He tends to want to do the opposite on race strategy because otherwise it results in the status quo on track. I don't think he tries to do the opposite in car setup.
They've talked about this in a lot of post-qualifying/race interviews that they regularly use different setups. Lewis gears his for the race, while Bottas places an emphasis on qualifying. But even if you look back to Portugal, they had their choice of rear wing and Bottas went with the opposite to Lewis. So it definitely goes beyond just in-race strategy.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
They've talked about this in a lot of post-qualifying/race interviews that they regularly use different setups. Lewis gears his for the race, while Bottas places an emphasis on qualifying. But even if you look back to Portugal, they had their choice of rear wing and Bottas went with the opposite to Lewis. So it definitely goes beyond just in-race strategy.
Didn't know that, I never watch those interviews because I typically don't care what they have to say :yeshrug:.