The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
This double standard around Lewis's reaction to Mercedes' fukk ups is crazy.

I like Alonso, Kimi, Max but all three of those dudes have bytched out their teams with far worse language in less pressure situations without a peep.

I get it though. :mjpls:
Every single time. It's why his answers in front of the press are so subdued. Let him say he tripped on a wrench left out by the mechanics and they'll drag him threw the sewer talking about blame everything on the team. They are literally dancing right past him thanking the team after the Spanish GP - in addition to every other GP he wins or has a solid result at. The man can't win for losing out here.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Every single time. It's why his answers in front of the press are so subdued. Let him say he tripped on a wrench left out by the mechanics and they'll drag him threw the sewer talking about blame everything on the team. They are literally dancing right past him thanking the team after the Spanish GP - in addition to every other GP he wins or has a solid result at. The man can't win for losing out here.
What really gets me is people saying Mercedes "gifted" him his car and wins so he should be grateful. The fukk? :gucci:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
What really gets me is people saying Mercedes "gifted" him his car and wins so he should be grateful. The fukk? :gucci:
Right? Like he's not actively helping them develop the car IN ADDITION TO driving that bytch to victory. Bottas and Rosberg do not beat Vettel to the championship in 17 and 18. Nobody you put into that car pulls off a Hungary or Spain 20 qualifying lap blitz to get the victory. Sometimes I wish I was ignorant enough to see things through the same lens as those people :mjlol:

calh45

Cal
Daps
Because he won a race where his car was favored and the pole sitter took himself out the race? All on a track where it’s impossible to overtake outside of pit strategy?

I'm genuinely curious what's going to happen when Perez gets up to speed with the actual car and RB has another Vettel/Webber situation. Vettel was an a$$hole every chance he got on the actual track and Max has that same type of energy. I'll never forget when he caused a crash with Ricciardo and they said it was both of their fault. I get why Daniel was out of there after that.

That said, I feel like people are forgetting what happens when Lewis gets mad and RB only has a 1 point lead in the constructors championship AND Max only has a 4 point lead in the driver's championship. It feels like people are talking entirely too much big shyt for it to be so early in the season AND it all happened at a RB friendly track.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
I'm genuinely curious what's going to happen when Perez gets up to speed with the actual car and RB has another Vettel/Webber situation. Vettel was an a$$hole every chance he got on the actual track and Max has that same type of energy. I'll never forget when he caused a crash with Ricciardo and they said it was both of their fault. I get why Daniel was out of there after that.

That said, I feel like people are forgetting what happens when Lewis gets mad and RB only has a 1 point lead in the constructors championship AND Max only has a 4 point lead in the driver's championship. It feels like people are talking entirely too much big shyt for it to be so early in the season AND it all happened at a RB friendly track.
It's funny how pre-Monaco, Mercedes had the "rocket ship" car and that's why Lewis was leading. But just that quickly, those excuses are gone and Max is a race god putting the screws to Lewis. It's like people forgot the second half of 2017 & 2018 where Vettel led the entire first half of each season, only for Lewis to shut the door in the second half.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's funny how pre-Monaco, Mercedes had the "rocket ship" car and that's why Lewis was leading. But just that quickly, those excuses are gone and Max is a race god putting the screws to Lewis. It's like people forgot the second half of 2017 & 2018 where Vettel led the entire first half of each season, only for Lewis to shut the door in the second half.
The only difference this season and those years vs Ferrari, is that Mercedes says they aren't developing the car past small tweaks here and there.

If Red Bull sacrifices 2022 R&D and develops the entire way through, this could be very close by the end. I'll put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if this championship goes either way. This is like Alonso vs Schumacher back in the day.

I have the highest respect for Max and if Mercedes has a few more bad weekends he'll take advantage in a way Seb couldn't.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
The only difference this season and those years vs Ferrari, is that Mercedes says they aren't developing the car past small tweaks here and there.

If Red Bull bites the bullet and develops the entire way through, this could be very close by the end. I'll put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if this championship goes either way. This is like Alonso vs Schumacher back in the day.
:yeshrug: I hope they're dumb enough to do it. I still think Lewis will win. And then RBR will put themselves on the backfoot for the new regulations and they can cry about Mercedes' car advantage for a few more seasons. Just because they invest in developing the car doesn't mean those updates will actually improve the car. If Lewis wins that just increases the value of a win over Max. But we'll see. What will be, will be.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Merc really has a serious tyre warm up issue. Hopefully by qualy, when the track rubbers in they will be ok, but they are nowhere right now.