The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
My only concern is the tyre temp at warm up, but to be fair, if Hamilton gets off the line well there aren't that many passing opportunities for Max.
F2 start was ugly...

It is going to be interesting tomorrow if Max decides to send it. May end up colliding again

I have a feeling tomorrow might be the day Max and Lewis collide.

Max gets off the line great but is also way too aggressive, I think Lewis might be done with playing it safe and giving up space.

F K

All Star
Daps
I have a feeling tomorrow might be the day Max and Lewis collide.

Max gets off the line great but is also way too aggressive, I think Lewis might be done with playing it safe and giving up space.
Might be worth the one race risk if it puts doubts in max's head about getting too aggressive for the rest of the season. Max is getting a little too comfortable in pressing the issue and relying on Lewis's veteran cool not to crash

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Might be worth the one race risk if it puts doubts in max's head about getting too aggressive for the rest of the season. Max is getting a little too comfortable in pressing the issue and relying on Lewis's veteran cool not to crash
Exactly, I brought this up in a previous race where he did that. Throwing your car into a corner and letting Jesus take the wheel isn't skillful or real racing. That's just hoping and banking on the other guy not being a idiot along with you.

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly, I brought this up in a previous race where he did that. Throwing your car into a corner and letting Jesus take the wheel isn't skillful or real racing. That's just hoping and banking on the other guy not being a idiot along with you.
It certainly will be interesting. I believe Hamilton has the inside position in the second slot. Likely Leclerc will move over to cover Hamilton. Verstappen will need to go the long way around and hope Hilton gives him room into turn one so he can take the inside line into turn two.

Hamilton more likely to hang him out on the outside and force him off the track into turn 1

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
:pachaha: That's one of the best parts of the weekends for me. I love hearing about the technical aspects and 'behind the scenes' conversations.
Don't get me wrong, I love the technical discussion, it's half of what keeps me interested in F1 beyond some other series of motorsport. What I don't like is post session interviews with the drivers asking them obvious questions about what happened, what went right/wrong, etc. I like it even less now that they're basically shoving a microphone in their faces right after qualifying and the race. The "drama" that comes from how they react to things doesn't interest me. The side effect is that if there is any technical details, I miss out on them.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Don't get me wrong, I love the technical discussion, it's half of what keeps me interested in F1 beyond some other series of motorsport. What I don't like is post session interviews with the drivers asking them obvious questions about what happened, what went right/wrong, etc. I like it even less now that they're basically shoving a microphone in their faces right after qualifying and the race. The "drama" that comes from how they react to things doesn't interest me. The side effect is that if there is any technical details, I miss out on them.
That's not what I'm talking about. They have full 20 minute plus sessions with the drivers and team principals.
https://www.youtube.com/c/Flash224/videos

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: It just hit me that Leclerc has half as many poles in the past three weekends as 'all-time great' Max Verstappen does in his entire career.
Let's be fair to Verstappen though, Leclerc's single lap speed is different.

I would actually not be able to choose who would win pole over a season between him and Hamilton, though Lewis I would favour in the race.

At this stage I favour Max over Leclerc in race trim as well.

But I don't think max will have that advantage for long, Leclerc is special.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Let's be fair to Verstappen though, Leclerc's single lap speed is different.

I would actually not be able to choose who would win pole over a season between him and Hamilton, though Lewis I would favour in the race.

At this stage I favour Max over Leclerc in race trim as well.

But I don't think max will have that advantage for long, Leclerc is special.
For sure. You can just see how rapid Charles is in qualifying. But as you said, he's still lacking in-race where he makes silly mistakes. Max is more consistent in general, but his wheel to wheel is poorer than Charles'. Max's overtakes are very poor when he doesn't have an outright pace advantage.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Now the controversy is bottas giving Hamilton a tow.

These fukking Verstappen fans are furious!!!

Acting like Mercedes drivers haven't alternated each week who gets to go out in front etc...
Being a Verstappen fan seems like a full time job :heh:

Mad about Hamilton getting a tow from Bottas. Pretend Max didn't get a tow from Perez. Now that Bottas and Lewis are basically having reverse fortunes from Monaco they're quick to blame Mercedes instead of driver like at Monaco.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Being a Verstappen fan seems like a full time job :heh:

Mad about Hamilton getting a tow from Bottas. Pretend Max didn't get a tow from Perez. Now that Bottas and Lewis are basically having reverse fortunes from Monaco they're quick to blame Mercedes instead of driver like at Monaco.
I was left flabbergasted by this. When it was Lewis on the backfoot they were on him for 'talking down' the team, but now that it's Valtteri, everyone wants to blame the team. Make it make sense.

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was flabbergasted about this. When it was Lewis on the backfoot they were on him for 'talking down' the team, but now that it's Valtteri, everyone wants to blame the team. Make it make sense.
Anything to make it seem unfair for Max. On the autosport forum, some were even saying Bottas was sarificed so that Hamilton could try to get pole.

Then they ignore the history of all the times Merc have alternated who chooses to go first or last in an effort to make it seem like the team is giving Bottas an unfair advantage.

Then they used the post qualy radio of Max's engineer who said max was fastest in Sector one and two as proof he was going to get pole in the final lap. The truth is Max never even got to sector two before the red flag, and his sector one on the final laps was 3 tenths slower than his best.

Then you have Paul Di Resta from Sky who started to speculate that there was only one low DF package available and Merc gave it to Hamilton at the expense of Bottas.

Folks cannot hide their irrationality and hatred.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Anything to make it seem unfair for Max. On the autosport forum, some were even saying Bottas was sarificed so that Hamilton could try to get pole.

Then they ignore the history of all the times Merc have alternated who chooses to go first or last in an effort to make it seem like the team is giving Bottas an unfair advantage.

Then they used the post qualy radio of Max's engineer who said max was fastest in Sector one and two as proof he was going to get pole in the final lap. The truth is Max never even got to sector two before the red flag, and his sector one on the final laps was 3 tenths slower than his best.

Then you have Paul Di Resta from Sky who started to speculate that there was only one low DF package available and Merc gave it to Hamilton at the expense of Bottas.

Folks cannot hide their irrationality and hatred.
It's disgusting. And what's worse-- I was a huge Max fan when he first came onto the scene. But his fandom and the way RBR and the media coddles him like he can do no wrong has turned me off from him. When he fails to deliver, there's either some excuse pushed by RB or himself to explain it away. And people sop that shyt up as long as they dream of one day seeing their Great White Hope topple Lewis. In some ways I feel bad for Max; he's definitely aware of the pressure on him and part of it is visible in how complimentary he's been of Lewis over the past two seasons, whereas before he was sometimes a little dismissive. It's even worse this year now that the car can no longer be used as an excuse. Six races with the best car over one lap and only one pole to show for it.
tMg3nRsKnpLOJlJKaYW0d8OkbRra-7P8XWWBs1jaO7Q.jpg