The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
that's just not going to happen unless Russell has a complete character meltdown this season the likes of the incident with Bottas
Things change quickly in F1, everyone had Gasly penciled in for that Alpine seat and Ocon losing badly to Alonso. And we're only 4 races in and storylines have flipped

Also Totto still manages Ocon.

Funny thing is Ocon was the next greatest thing until Verstappen tripped over him in Brazil. Then everyone turned on him.
Formula 1 fans are a close second to KPOP fans when it comes to stanning :picard:

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Things change quickly in F1, everyone had Gasly penciled in for that Alpine seat and Ocon losing badly to Alonso. And we're only 4 races in and storylines have flipped

Also Totto still manages Ocon.
it's a bit of a stretch to say that :heh:

With that said you're otherwise right . I feel If Ham leaves Russell gets the seat no question in my opinion. If Ham stays, it's a toss up. Ocon is more likely of the two to accept the second best role than Russell ever will be. He's a type A like Verstappen and Hamilton. You could see that in his reaction to the crash with Bottas.

Mercedes likely doesn't want a replay of Ham v Nico Rosberg type A personalities in each car. Next you know theyre sending each other into the wall :heh: so maybe they do go the more subtle Ocon if that's the case.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ferrari looking pretty good :ohhh:

Lewis looks good too...

May come down to who gets a clear lap in on Saturday.

More time to come though, we shall see.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
They have some setup work to do, too much oversteer on the soft tires. At the same time, Lewis was always hitting traffic on his hot laps. Could be a glory weekend for Ferrari if they keep it up. The whole grid should be worried that Mercedes is flat out on 2022. Red Bull better hope that what they're bringing this year is applicable to next year's car.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
it's a bit of a stretch to say that :heh:

With that said you're otherwise right . I feel If Ham leaves Russell gets the seat no question in my opinion. If Ham stays, it's a toss up. Ocon is more likely of the two to accept the second best role than Russell ever will be. He's a type A like Verstappen and Hamilton. You could see that in his reaction to the crash with Bottas.

Mercedes likely doesn't want a replay of Ham v Nico Rosberg type A personalities in each car. Next you know theyre sending each other into the wall :heh: so maybe they do go the more subtle Ocon if that's the case.

Russell is getting the 2nd Merc seat isn't he whether Ham stays or not. Russell is the long term play and they are not going to miss him to avoid problems with Ham who is only staying a 1 - 3 years at best.

Russell is the anglo-saxon top dog saviour play and will be the most commercially viable. Like Becks at Madrid (vs. Raul as the then President of Madrid pointed out). Like James Hunt vs the "Austrian". Anglo + Asian audiences will love it. The rest will respect it.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Lewis should be on pole Saturday from everything I've seen. Mercedes doesn't have their PU's turned up and he was pretty close to the Ferraris.

I hope Leclerc and Sainz really run up on Red Bull. They not beat Max but they'll definitely be in play vs Checo. That might give Lewis some space.

Side note: Just ordered this dope painting/print of Sainz's Ferrari. :wow:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I'm watching FP1 onboards. Ferrari has some complicated clutch bite point find procedure. The initial part sounds like how Mercedes engined cars do, but after that they have to try and hold the revs in the red light range, 1 then 2 then 3 lights. Strange.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Overnight rain, track will be a a little green and temps are cooler.

All the makings for someone giving a wall less of a kiss and more of a grab by the p*ssy.

The banker lap in Q3 will be important.