The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Hype dies down quickly in F1 but I don't think I've seen anyone burn through their goodwill quicker than Yuki Tsunoda. And he also had the nerve to complain about his car compared to Gasly's in the post qualy interview :picard:

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Hype dies down quickly in F1 but I don't think I've seen anyone burn through their goodwill quicker than Yuki Tsunoda. And he also had the nerve to complain about his car compared to Gasly's in the post qualy interview :picard:

Yeah, his radio manners are trash. I really don't care for the guy. The constant cursing is classless.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
If Lewis wins tomorrow, it'll be his best start to a season since 2015. What these casuals don't realize is that closer performing cars works in Lewis' favor. People always lock in on the big mistakes-- but when the racing is closer, it's those small mistakes that add up over a race and lose you positions or poles. A lot of the small mistakes I've watched Max make over the years are going to appear more glaring this season.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm not going to judge Yuki on his outburst because I know he can't articulate his words well in English yet.

That being said, he's understandably frustrated after starting well in Bahrain and moving up so quickly through the ranks. Gotta suck it up though. Helmut going to be on his headtop tonight. :francis:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I'm not going to judge Yuki on his outburst because I know he can't articulate his words well in English yet.

That being said, he's understandably frustrated after starting well in Bahrain and moving up so quickly through the ranks. Gotta suck it up though. Helmut going to be on his headtop tonight. :francis:
Yeah F1 fans need to pick a lane and stick with it. Before it was drivers are too robotic and don't show any emotion and are just PR machines. Now you get someone showing their passion and it's :whoa:? I think people have some little idealistic view that Tsunoda was going to be some cute little Japanese kid out of an anime or some shyt. If passes were so readily doled out for Verstappen and Leclerc during their, frankly, childish moments, then Tsunoda should be given the same leeway.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

I'm only giving him a pass because he's a rookie and they don't get any time in the car anymore.

But you can't be struggling to stay within track limits two GPs in a row and still be talking shyt.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah F1 fans need to pick a lane and stick with it. Before it was drivers are too robotic and don't show any emotion and are just PR machines. Now you get someone showing their passion and it's :whoa:? I think people have some little idealistic view that Tsunoda was going to be some cute little Japanese kid out of an anime or some shyt. If passes were so readily doled out for Verstappen and Leclerc during their, frankly, childish moments, then Tsunoda should be given the same leeway.
I don't mind a tantrum, but the implication he isn't given the same car was a bridge too far for me.

It may be a translation issue though, who knows.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Looks like someone had a chat with him.

He apologised on Instagram.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Mazepin got another penalty point, they need to sit him out for Monaco.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I dont like him but he was hard done by that penalty.
True, but imagine the fukkery he could be up to at Monaco. They need to fake a false positive test or something to sit him out before he takes out Max or Lewis :whoa:

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
If Lewis wins tomorrow, it'll be his best start to a season since 2015. What these casuals don't realize is that closer performing cars works in Lewis' favor. People always lock in on the big mistakes-- but when the racing is closer, it's those small mistakes that add up over a race and lose you positions or poles. A lot of the small mistakes I've watched Max make over the years are going to appear more glaring this season.
Yeah. Max drove a lot of lonely races last year as Lewis and Valtteri raced off into the distance, and the next nearest car was 10 seconds behind him, his mistakes were neutralized by always having a space buffer. Now that he has the top car, he won't have the luxury of making those mistakes without them being really evident.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Mazepin got another penalty point, they need to sit him out for Monaco.
Nah, wasn't his fault.
Good piece of trivia, Mazepin has one of the fastest ever laps at Catalunya while driving the Benz W10. Only Hamilton and Bottas have gone faster. :heh: