The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
He's really just GOAT-tier at 90 degree corners. That's it. Outside of Leclerc, there's no one better IMO.
Before the final runs he was effectively zero to Verstappen in S1 and S2, and that tenths was all S3. F1TV pundits speculated that's engine mode differences.

I think Mercedes - Lewis at least - may have deceptively good pace on hards. He said it was a good tire early on in the session. His race stimulations were mostly in traffic and the times were comparable to Leclerc in freer air at like a 48.8. The laps he wasn't behind someone he was running 48.0s.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Before the final runs he was effectively zero to Verstappen in S1 and S2, and that tenths was all S3. F1TV pundits speculated that's engine mode differences.

I think Mercedes - Lewis at least - may have deceptively good pace on hards. He said it was a good tire early on in the session. His race stimulations were mostly in traffic and the times were comparable to Leclerc in freer air at like a 48.8. The laps he wasn't behind someone he was running 48.0s.
Very possible. Overall, Max is obviously the quicker driver.

The long runs for McLaren and Ferrari looked fairly similar on mediums. Red Bull's long runs show they are running high fuel, low engine modes, or both. I didn't check their telemetry. Mercedes is likely around the same on the same tires.

I think the top 8 will all be in the mix.

distinguishedNOW

THIS MY GOTDAMN HOUSE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wake.
Thatā€™s why I never truly felt Lando had a shot of catching Max. Donā€™t trust dude to deliver every week - never thought itā€™d be a qualifying where he fukked it up though

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Charles in a groove right now. This version of Charles is a world champion. Just needs consistency

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
No one can touch Leclerc at Baku qualifying. Doesn't really matter what he's driving. Even in 2021, that car was 4th fastest and he still put it on pole.

Checo once against proving he's good at 1-2 tracks and trash at the rest. :russ: