The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Will is pissed :picard:

He's 100% correct.

McLaren need to decide what it is that they want. They're favorites to take the constructors championship now. Do they want the drivers? In that case, make it clear who's top dog this season, and have both drivers race accordingly.

Next season they can duke it out at the beginning to see who's Sun Tzu

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
He's 100% correct.

McLaren need to decide what it is that they want. They're favorites to take the constructors championship now. Do they want the drivers? In that case, make it clear who's top dog this season, and have both drivers race accordingly.

Next season they can duke it out at the beginning to see who's Sun Tzu
People on Reddit are completely missing the point in thinking that people are wanting to favor a British driver. This is watching a storied team fall to a footnote in the championship and experience a resurgence to being the fastest car, and finally with a legitimate change of taking one if not both championships. To watch them call Ferrari level strategies makes you wonder what their priorities are. If Piastri was second in the WDC you'd have to expect the same confusion at McLaren decision-making.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
People on Reddit are completely missing the point in thinking that people are wanting to favor a British driver. This is watching a storied team fall to a footnote in the championship and experience a resurgence to being the fastest car, and finally with a legitimate change of taking one if not both championships. To watch them call Ferrari level strategies makes you wonder what their priorities are. If Piastri was second in the WDC you'd have to expect the same confusion at McLaren decision-making.
It's funny. I look at it from a standpoint that Lando needs to put his claim down for the championship. If he wants it, he needs to take that shyt! Nothing about the way he's been driving this year, even with the fastest car, has made me feel like he wants to be WDC more than anything else in life. Oscar seems to have that attitude more. But you're right, if McLaren has any designs on doubling up the championships this year, they need to establish a pecking order right NOW.

calh45

Cal
Daps
People on Reddit are miserable. They like things to stay this way because they're primarily Max fans over there and McLaren allowing Piastri to be unnecessarily aggressive means Max can win another one.

I think this is mostly driven by Mark Webber being in Piastri's ear right now. He's HATED the idea of being 2nd fiddle to Vettel and he won't allow Piastri to give even a little bit when involving Lando. I give Lando credit for how he's handling it because I remember his engineer telling him that he would need Piastri and how the team would look out for him if he gave the position back in Hungary. All that McLaren has done since then is seemingly favor Oscar by allowing him to be the aggressive one when they're racing close together.

The only time Lando is actually passive is when he's racing Oscar and Oscar clearly don't give a fukk. He dive-bombed him and only pulled off the move because Lando had "papaya rules". If Oscar does that with Max he's getting driven off the track. I think Lando's statement about not begging for a pass was a shot at the McLaren leadership. By default the team has a #2 driver if one is in the WDC chase and if Lando loses the championship by 10 points or less this will be an interesting off season.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Williams driver still crashing lol
Sargeant and Latifi(I had to go look his name up :mjlol: )sitting somewhere watching practice like
thats-it-yes-thats-it.gif