Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You never seen this video? It was right after they lost to Trinidad

I'm going to have to watch this again, but from what I remember he was speaking straight facts

It was funny when things went wrong it was always his fault :russ:

Or whenever Bradley played bad it was his fault :russ:

He had some bad moments, but he was a great player for the US and balled at the WC when Mikey went MIA. He wasn't scared of the moment like these soft ass US players.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
laurencrop2_XL.jpg

Lauren SIlver - Jamaica (via her grandfather lol but fukk it we will have her lol)
:blessed::takedat:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Can't wait for the Gold Cup. My body is ready for another dose of US tears :usatears:

They make my soul stronger :ahh:

As one of the resident US stans here there won't be any tears from me.

Honestly I hope we get that work and we certainly will by Mexico's C team. Better coach and better understanding of what they are supposed to be doing out there on the field then what is going on with the US.

The amount of average MLS players getting major playing time on this team and the head scratching omissions of players actually has a lot of fans enraged. People are already off the Greg Berhalter wagon, if there were that many on it to begin with. Even if we lose every game in the tournament the USSF doesn't have the balls to actually fire Greg as his brother is the COO of the federation.

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
As one of the resident US stans here there won't be any tears from me.

Honestly I hope we get that work and we certainly will by Mexico's C team. Better coach and better understanding of what they are supposed to be doing out there on the field then what is going on with the US.

The amount of average MLS players getting major playing time on this team and the head scratching omissions of players actually has a lot of fans enraged. People are already off the Greg Berhalter wagon, if there were that many on it to begin with. Even if we lose every game in the tournament the USSF doesn't have the balls to actually fire Greg as his brother is the COO of the federation.
What a debacle

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t know as much as y’all but please explain Will Trapp being an anchor

Dude is just not good at all. No defensive impact or offensive influence at the international level. You can't have someone like that in the middle of the park who doesn't effect the game. Yet Berhalter is treating him like a key cog. When healthy Adams and Mckennie should be the two starting CMs

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Dude is just not good at all. No defensive impact or offensive influence at the international level. You can't have someone like that in the middle of the park who doesn't effect the game. Yet Berhalter is treating him like a key cog. When healthy Adams and Mckennie should be the two starting CMs

Berharlter's plan is to have Adams who plays defensive midfield in the Bundesliga for a team about to be in the Champions League at right back. The levels of head scratching decisions are infuriating.

Even has his club team confused.

calh45

Cal
Daps

I'm pretty sure they're treating the national team as a marketing vehicle for MLS now....and low key trying to use it to force kids to stay in the dumb MLS.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Netherlands better be careful.....I just realized Northern Ireland is about to be 9 pts ahead of them and Germany 6 pts ahead of them in their euro qualification group. They got a few games in hand, but there will be some pressure on them to qualify.. Just something to keep an eye on :lupe:
:usure:

Them nikkas is super :trash: don't let the fact that Belarus and Estonia just happen to be even worse fool you, Holland ain't got nothing to worry bout :russ:

p.s. not even a real country :scust: tiocfaidh ár lá :blessed:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Way too early hot-takes for Euro 2020

-Dutch need a proper no. 9 for next Euros. They need someone to fill the shoes RvP left.
-Germany needs to balance their midfield for 2020. There are also some questions about their back line as well.
-Belgium need a proper LB and possibly some new blood at the CB position.
-France don't have any glaring weaknesses in their First XI. Only position worth questioning is the no. 9 role considering Giroud's lack of game time domestically, even still, there's are enough attackers in Mbappe, Lacazette, Martial etc that Descamphs could call on.
-Portugal actually looks quite solid front to back. Don't have to rely on Ronaldo for everything. An additional proven no. 9 would be a nice to have, however. Guedes is more of a winger and Andre Silva ain't quite it.
-England doesn't really lack any personal. The spirit, however, is a different convo.
-Italy have a serious problem at the no. 9 role. Between Belotti and Immobile, neither seem to quite make it work.
-Spain have a pretty big rebuilding task. From a talent perspective they're fine. They have the players, they just need the system now that the old guards of Tiki-taka have left
-Croatia's WC18 core should still be there. However, this might be their last opportunity for a major trophy.
Only serious no.9 coming out from Portugal is Fábio Silva, 16yo from Porto's u19 team. João Felix ain't really a 9, he's a mobile forward and needs a no. 9 beside him to really shine. Rafael Leao is a nice forward but breh is too lazy with his game, if he ain't getting touches he disappears.
Wingers we got Jota from Benfica and Trincão from Braga and that's it for the near future. Center midfield we're good with Ruben Neves, Florentino and Gedson from Benfica, don't sleep on Renato Sanches making a comeback this season neither.