Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Way too early hot-takes for Euro 2020

-Dutch need a proper no. 9 for next Euros. They need someone to fill the shoes RvP left.
-Germany needs to balance their midfield for 2020. There are also some questions about their back line as well.
-Belgium need a proper LB and possibly some new blood at the CB position.
-France don't have any glaring weaknesses in their First XI. Only position worth questioning is the no. 9 role considering Giroud's lack of game time domestically, even still, there's are enough attackers in Mbappe, Lacazette, Martial etc that Descamphs could call on.
-Portugal actually looks quite solid front to back. Don't have to rely on Ronaldo for everything. An additional proven no. 9 would be a nice to have, however. Guedes is more of a winger and Andre Silva ain't quite it.
-England doesn't really lack any personal. The spirit, however, is a different convo.
-Italy have a serious problem at the no. 9 role. Between Belotti and Immobile, neither seem to quite make it work.
-Spain have a pretty big rebuilding task. From a talent perspective they're fine. They have the players, they just need the system now that the old guards of Tiki-taka have left
-Croatia's WC18 core should still be there. However, this might be their last opportunity for a major trophy.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Ever since I heard that Jermaine Jones story about Morris I can't respect him ever.

Kid had a contract from Hertha Berlin ready to sign after leaving Stanford but he chose to stay close to home in Seattle because his girlfriend just got him a dog. :stopitslime:
giphy.webp

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
England doesn't really lack any personal. The spirit, however, is a different convo

Midfield. They can't hold possession. Need a creative player and a DM.. Declan Rice :patrice:

Goalie too. Pickford is walking fukkery. Not sure of any alternatives tho

Defence if they're playing Stones and Walker :scusthov:

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
Ronaldo dropping yet another disaster class while his team mates Garry him to another cup win could never be my goat.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
-France don't have any glaring weaknesses in their First XI. Only position worth questioning is the no. 9 role considering Giroud's lack of game time domestically, even still, there's are enough attackers in Mbappe, Lacazette, Martial etc that Descamphs could call on.
the first XI might not have weakness, but they suuuuure do have that one weakness on the bench.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
the first XI might not have weakness, but they suuuuure do have that one weakness on the bench.

Do mean at striker? I still don't think they have an issue off the bench. Very likely that Giroud will start come 2020 barring injury. Both Martial and Lacazette can play as a backup, although there'd be a shift in tactical approach. Heck, even Yedder is an option to strike.

But in a sense you are right, this is probably the one position where they aren't as deeply stacked. Outside of those 3-4 players, the quality of French strikers really drops (Plea, Dembele, Haller etc).

calh45

Cal
Daps
Ever since I heard that Jermaine Jones story about Morris I can't respect him ever.

Kid had a contract from Hertha Berlin ready to sign after leaving Stanford but he chose to stay close to home in Seattle because his girlfriend just got him a dog. :stopitslime:

If I made a decision this dumb I would hope that my family would fight me. Deadass I would fight one of my friends if they turned down a higher career path because of a dog.